Sara Snedeker: Columbia University Senator

Posted -

Name: Sara Snedeker
Year: 2012
School: Barnard College
Major: Political Science

Hometown: Manhasset, NY

Relationship Status: In a relationship

On-Campus Activities: University Senate, Delta Gamma VP Finance, Barnard Admissions 

Off-campus activities: None currently; I have interned at a political consulting firm, the state attorney general office, and a criminal defense law firm.

Favorite class you've taken at Columbia: I took "Reacting to the Past" my first semester and "Reacting to the Past II" last spring. These are the only classes that I have ever walked into knowing no one and finished the semester with several new friends. If you are looking for something totally different than a typical class, definitely take it! 

Favorite professor you've had at Columbia: I think Dorian Warren and his skinny ties are awesome.

Pet-Peeves: People who can't fulfill commitments.

Dream Job: I'm undecided on an industry, but the office environment means a lot to me. I want to do fulfilling work with people who are driven and intelligent, but also can have some fun when the time is right.

If you were stuck on a deserted island, you would need: My iPad, a big bed with a down quilt, and an unlimited supply of vaseline. Don't ask!

Every girl needs these three things in her closet: Riding boots, comfortable skinny jeans, and tons of day to night tops.

Your perfect date in 7 words or less: Good wine, good food, lots of laughs

Favorite off-campus location: Museum of Natural History

Favorite thing about NYC: Walking 20 blocks and going through 3 completely different neighborhoods. And the fact that you could go to a different restaurant for lunch and dinner every day and never run out!

Spirit Animal: Ummm... a really cute and curious dog?

Dream husband: Thoughtful, committed, ambitious, sexy, and challenges me to be the best person I can be.

One thing you want to do before graduating: Go to Hewitt late night with friends from freshman year.

Top three albums/songs of all time: I don't know about all time, but my most played albums are: Songs About Jane, Sgt. Pepper's, and Born this Way.

If you could have a super power what would it be and why: Teleportation would make life a lot more efficient. 

If you could invite anyone to dinner, you would ask: This is hard - probably someone from the future.

Get more HC!

Get the best of Her Campus, right in your inbox! Learn more.

About The Author

Editor's Note

From Around The Web

We Recommend

User login