Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Columbia Blog

Personality Quizzes Galore

By Elena Nicolaou
February 3, 2014 - 7:00pm

We've all been swept up in the Buzzfeed personality quiz wave, or at least I know I have. Now, I know what city I should actually live in (Barcelona), what career I should actually have (writer), and what dog I am (Great Dane). I think personality quizzes are tons of fun, and definitely a good way to learn about yourself while avoiding homework. Over the years I've come up with a list of good tests to test your personality. Let us know what you think! 1) Visual DNA: https://whoami.visualdna.com/?c=us#quiz READ MORE

6 Indie Songs to Check Out

By Lana Wang
February 1, 2014 - 11:51pm

Dreaming: Smallpools A newcomer to the music world, Smallpools has already become extremely successful because of their upbeat and catchy songs. "Dreaming" comes from their 2013 EP "Have a Great Summer" and is a song that will sure to get you on your feet, singing and dancing along.  The group is currently on tour, you can catch them at Terminal 5 with Grouplove and MS MR in March.   Nova Scotia: Magic Man READ MORE

Why I Think the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Should Be Enjoyed

By Rebecca Bard
December 11, 2013 - 10:27pm

Most little girls, just like I was, would love to grow up to be beautiful models: five foot ten, tan, gorgeous flowing hair, and most of all, skinny. The truth is that not every little girl can achieve this. The genetics things are out of our hands. Sure, there’s plastic surgery, but that’s not for everyone and it is definitely not always successful. But just because we can’t be them doesn’t mean we shouldn’t enjoy watching them. READ MORE

Cupcakes, Discounts and More at Henri Bendel This Thursday!

By Columbia Contributor
December 9, 2013 - 3:13pm

Come celebrate the holidays with Shopcade and Her Campus at the Henri Bendel flagship this Thursday, December 12th at 6pm! Make progress on your holiday shopping list (20% off!) while enjoying cupcakes, music, make-up touchups and more. Send your RSVP to RSVP@shopcade.com. See you there, collegiettes!   READ MORE

30 Rules to Live By

By singareddynm
December 8, 2013 - 3:24pm

We are constantly wondering how we can have joyful, relatively hilarious, bold, and fruitful lives. Here are 30 strangers (from New York City and Reddit -http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1qotmj/what_is_your_golden_rule/) with their golden rules to success and happiness. Keep them in mind as you go about your life, and who knows what will happen?    1) Don't worry, take it easy. READ MORE

Ask Her Campus Columbia: Living it Up at College, Despite Awkward Moments

By anonymous
December 7, 2013 - 11:29am

You asked... How do I meet more people on campus without being awkward?   And we answered.   READ MORE

Holiday Gift Idea: What to Get Your Boyfriend's Mom

By Bailey Springer
December 4, 2013 - 8:13pm

I consider myself to be pretty good friends with my boyfriend’s mom. We tease him together, I help her make dinner, and we’re always the two chatterboxes at dinner. Unfortunately, this means that come Christmas I have to find something meaningful that I know she will like. I think there’s more pressure when you’re on good terms with his/her mom to get a good present. Anyway, every year around Thanksgiving I start panicking (internally) about what to get her. This year, fortunately, I’ve found a cute, customizable present fairly quickly: Terrarium Ornaments. I got the idea from a DIY video on YouTube on Secret Life of a Bio Nerd’s video. Start video at 1:17. READ MORE

Why California Really is All it's Cracked Up to Be

By Ali Schulz
December 4, 2013 - 1:00am

While everyone was flying home to feast on turkey and spend time with their families, I decided to take a journey across country to visit my brother in Northern California, or what the locals call “Nor Cal.” I’ll be honest, I had my doubts about California. I mean, can it really be as great as everyone says it is? The answer is...YES! READ MORE

How to Make a Long-Distance Relationship Last (AKA How to Avoid the Turkey Drop)

By anonymous
November 26, 2013 - 8:33pm

If you’re in a long-distance relationship, you might be a little nervous with Thanksgiving right around the corner. Thanksgiving break is notorious for being the end of many newly long-distance college relationships, hence the term “turkey drop.” However, take it from someone who has been long-distance for two-and-a-half years out of a three-year relationship:  long-distance relationships can be difficult, but they can also be wonderful when done right with the right person. Of course, every relationship is different, but if you follow these general guidelines, you can make your long-distance relationship last.   1. Be equally committed READ MORE

Get Confident With American Laser Skincare

By Columbia Contributor
November 21, 2013 - 3:43pm

When you look in a mirror, do you like what you see? Or do you just get distracted by little flaws? READ MORE