Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Columbia Archives

When Your Sister Has Cancer

By Hannah Domeier
October 20, 2014 - 11:16pm

When Your Sister Has Cancer By Hannah Domeier In late May of 2014, I felt like my college life was finally coming together. I was finishing my sophomore year, had close friends, and was succeeding academically. My boyfriend was about to graduate from Columbia College and the two of us were going to go to Europe soon after his graduation.   READ MORE

Brennan Branca

By Carolyn Binder
October 20, 2014 - 11:06pm

Name: Brennan Branca Age: 20 School: Columbia University Hometown: Darien, CT Favorite Food: Cookie Dough Favorite thing about NYC: The night life Favorite artist: Taylor Swift Celebrity Crush: Reese Witherspoon On Campus Activities: Men’s soccer team READ MORE

Her Columbia Survival Kits

By Columbia Contributor
October 20, 2014 - 11:00pm

The holiday season came early this year thanks to the HC Back-to-School Survival Kit! In the midst of the midterm stress, it was nice to receive some little treats. The low down on some of the goods:       READ MORE

Brennan Branca

By Carolyn Binder
October 20, 2014 - 12:06pm

Name: Brennan Branca Age: 20 School: Columbia University Hometown: Darien, CT Favorite Food: Cookie Dough Favorite thing about NYC: The night life Favorite artist: Taylor Swift Celebrity Crush: Reese Witherspoon On Campus Activities: Men’s soccer team Pet-Peeves: Poking, pen-clicking If you were stuck on an Island you would need: Cookie Dough. READ MORE

Homecoming Game!

By anonymous
October 19, 2014 - 11:04pm

IT’S HOMECOMING!!!   Take a break from midterms and papers and show some school spirit. Next Saturday, October 25th, come rally behind your football team as they take on Dartmouth! Kickoff is at 1:30pm, but show up early for some free snacks, drinks, and tailgating. Since it is also parents weekend, bring them along too to join the fun. Get decked out in all things Columbia blue and get ready to show your pride as a lion.   EVENT DATE: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25 2014   TIME: 1:30 PM   LOCATION: ROBERT K. KRAFT FIELD     READ MORE

Consuming the Female Body: What's yo flava?

By anonymous
October 12, 2014 - 11:53am

In the midst of the talk concerning Jennifer Lawrence’s naked photos, my mind has been inundated with conflicting thoughts. I must say that I understand it: a woman’s assertions of the right to her body, the pleas for privacy, and the red anger underlying it all. I stand behind all of it-I do. READ MORE

Producer of 12 Years a Slave Dede Gardner (CC’ 90) Visits Columbia

By Bry Cunningham
October 6, 2014 - 12:38pm

This past Thursday, Columbia University's Alumni Association hosted a talk with American film and television producer Dede Gardner. Members from Columbia’s film clubs and societies including the Society for the Advancement of Underrepresented Filmmakers, Delta Kappa Alpha, and Columbia Undergraduate Film Production attended the event, eager to hear from a successful alumna who once stood in our shoes. READ MORE

Second Annual Garden Party

By Columbia Contributor
October 6, 2014 - 12:24pm

Escape the stress of midterms and come enjoy some good food, company, and weather!  The Second Annual Garden Party is bound to be a great time.  There will be TONS of food (!!!) and live performances by multiple student groups.  Plus, part of the proceeds will be donated to Columbia’s UNICEF chapter.  Where: Butler Lawn When: Friday, October 10 from 11:00 – 2:00 PM Tickets are available via Eventbrite: READ MORE

A Sophomore’s Guide to MoHi’s Hottest Clubs

By Vivi Hyacinthe
October 6, 2014 - 12:09pm

Vivi Hyacinthe CC’17 ^not that type of club, because let’s face it--your Delaware-issued fake ID from a friend of a friend at NYU isn’t going to get you into that joint downtown where Ariana Grande was spotted last week. Don’t fret about your lost cash, though. At least you have a cute and trendy coaster! READ MORE

Ever thought about law school? Attend the Law School Forum in NYC on October 17 & 18!

By Columbia Contributor
October 6, 2014 - 10:32am

Figuring out what you want to do after college can be stressful, especially when you might want to do so many things! Since you’re all ambitious, proactive collegiettes, we know that you’ve already joined the clubs, landed the internships, and done the research to try and narrow down the opportunities. If you’ve ever even toyed with the idea of law school, we have another opportunity for you to help expand your horizons.Every year the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) hosts Law School Forums across the country, and one will be in NYC this month! Love social media? Sports addict? There are unique, surprising legal jobs available in these industries and countless others!...