Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Columbia Archives

Naomi Ayele, CC '17

By Tofunmi Oshodi
April 9, 2014 - 10:33pm

Name: Naomi Ayele Year: 2016 Details: She's wearing a black, lace dress from Express as well as gold and green earrings. In her own words, Naomi would describe her style as "classic with a touch of culture. I like wearing basics, but adding a bit of color through my accessories ."   READ MORE

Which Of These Super Powers Do You Wish You Had?

By Hannah Domeier

Bacchanal Essentials

By Lana Wang
April 6, 2014 - 6:00pm

Oh Bacchanal. The one glimmering day of happiness before Columbia grinds us down again. Last year was my first year atBacchanal and based on my experiences I hope to provide some advice so everyone has a jolly good time. While the day is focused on having fun, things can get pretty crazy. I didn't understand how cray cray Columbia kids could get until I was in the middle of the crowd getting trampled into the ground and watching the opening of sky close in as the crowd swallowed me… Thankfully I got out alive with only some scraped knees but I was definitely not prepared for that level of insanity. So here is my checklist of Bacchanal essentials to ensure that everyone has the best time possible. READ MORE...

Creative Ways to Be Healthy in JJ's Place

By Kenya Watson
March 31, 2014 - 6:40pm

It’s late, you’ve had a long day of classes, and the only dining hall open is JJ’s Place. While JJ’s is notorious for its selection of comfort foods, like burgers, fries, and wings, there are still plenty of great options that are filling and healthy. Next time you find yourself going down those stairs to our late night dining hall, use these tips to help you make your meal choices. READ MORE

20 Questions with J. Dean

By Ali Schulz
March 31, 2014 - 6:31pm

Name: Jonathan Dean
Age: 20
Major: Econ-Poliitical Science and Sociology
Hometown: Annapolis, MD READ MORE

Harvard Brattle Street Chamber Players & Columbia Classical Performers Joint Concert

By Elena Nicolaou
March 27, 2014 - 10:16am

This will be a great concert from two student groups. And, it's free! I'll be attending for my music hum concert report.  READ MORE

Who is your Disney princess soul sister?

By Elena Nicolaou

Her Campus Takes Greece: Spring Break 2014!

By Elena Nicolaou
March 26, 2014 - 2:01pm

Writing this in New York, part of me doesn’t believe my spring break in Thessaloniki was real. My memories are hazy, taking place in a world far different from the endless rush of New York. And yet, I have photographic proof of my absolutely life-changing week in Thessaloniki, Greece. My iPhoto doesn’t lie. There I am, hugging my new friends and gazing out into a new city. It was a spring break of exploration and adventure, good food and amazing documentaries. It was a spring break of long coffee breaks, strolls throughout a beautiful and interesting history, and making lifelong friends, and it definitely was real. READ MORE

Tips for Eating Healthy in John Jay

By Kenya Watson
March 24, 2014 - 8:50pm

Who said the dining hall had to be repetitive? The dining hall staff works extremely hard to give us as many options as possible, and there are always plenty of ways to get creative. Next time you are in John Jay and can’t figure out what to eat, try one of these unique combinations: 1. You can always ask for plain brown rice at the Action Station (except on the days when they serve the Chinese noodle bowl). Use it as a healthy side to the entrée in the main line, or you can add veggies and soy sauce from the salad bar for a brown rice salad. READ MORE

Surprise in the Mail...Spring Break Survival Kit from HC Headquarters!

By Elena Nicolaou
March 11, 2014 - 10:10am

Well, well, well...I thought I was getting a book from the Lerner package center, but I was surprised by something way better. Free stuff from Her Campus Headquarters and sponsors! More of my favorite energy drink, Neuro Sonic, hair treatments, and a Her Campus bright pink cup, because what more could a girl want? Check out these goodiness. I defnitely recommend the Tresemme smoothing treatment. My hair gets so frizzy, and this stuff really works. Thanks HC!  READ MORE