Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Columbia Archives

Midterms Stres-Busting, AKA FOOD!!!

By Columbia Contributor
October 22, 2014 - 1:30am

Midterm Stress-Busting, AKA FOOD!!!   READ MORE

Campus Style: Tyler Allen

By Vivi Hyacinthe
October 22, 2014 - 12:24am

In a thrifty chaise situated in the corner of a coffee shop on Amsterdam, Tyler Allen, SEAS 2017, edits an essay for his African Civilization class. The topic is personhood, defined as what makes a person an individual. For Tyler, this could refer to any number of things: his diverse background in international travel and humanitarianism, his proficiency at designing Spotify playlists, or his Maryland-bred, undefined and diverse style. Vivi Hyacinthe: What sparked your interest in music and fashion? READ MORE

Her Campus, His Gym

By Maya Kapelnikova
October 22, 2014 - 12:07am

Her Campus, His Gym Maya Kapelnikova READ MORE

When Your Sister Has Cancer

By Hannah Domeier
October 20, 2014 - 11:16pm

When Your Sister Has Cancer By Hannah Domeier In late May of 2014, I felt like my college life was finally coming together. I was finishing my sophomore year, had close friends, and was succeeding academically. My boyfriend was about to graduate from Columbia College and the two of us were going to go to Europe soon after his graduation.   READ MORE

Brennan Branca

By Carolyn Binder
October 20, 2014 - 11:06pm

Name: Brennan Branca Age: 20 School: Columbia University Hometown: Darien, CT Favorite Food: Cookie Dough Favorite thing about NYC: The night life Favorite artist: Taylor Swift Celebrity Crush: Reese Witherspoon On Campus Activities: Men’s soccer team READ MORE

Her Columbia Survival Kits

By Columbia Contributor
October 20, 2014 - 11:00pm

The holiday season came early this year thanks to the HC Back-to-School Survival Kit! In the midst of the midterm stress, it was nice to receive some little treats. The low down on some of the goods:       READ MORE

Brennan Branca

By Carolyn Binder
October 20, 2014 - 12:06pm

Name: Brennan Branca Age: 20 School: Columbia University Hometown: Darien, CT Favorite Food: Cookie Dough Favorite thing about NYC: The night life Favorite artist: Taylor Swift Celebrity Crush: Reese Witherspoon On Campus Activities: Men’s soccer team Pet-Peeves: Poking, pen-clicking If you were stuck on an Island you would need: Cookie Dough. READ MORE

Homecoming Game!

By anonymous
October 19, 2014 - 11:04pm

IT’S HOMECOMING!!!   Take a break from midterms and papers and show some school spirit. Next Saturday, October 25th, come rally behind your football team as they take on Dartmouth! Kickoff is at 1:30pm, but show up early for some free snacks, drinks, and tailgating. Since it is also parents weekend, bring them along too to join the fun. Get decked out in all things Columbia blue and get ready to show your pride as a lion.   EVENT DATE: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25 2014   TIME: 1:30 PM   LOCATION: ROBERT K. KRAFT FIELD     READ MORE

Consuming the Female Body: What's yo flava?

By anonymous
October 12, 2014 - 11:53am

In the midst of the talk concerning Jennifer Lawrence’s naked photos, my mind has been inundated with conflicting thoughts. I must say that I understand it: a woman’s assertions of the right to her body, the pleas for privacy, and the red anger underlying it all. I stand behind all of it-I do. READ MORE

Producer of 12 Years a Slave Dede Gardner (CC’ 90) Visits Columbia

By Bry Cunningham
October 6, 2014 - 12:38pm

This past Thursday, Columbia University's Alumni Association hosted a talk with American film and television producer Dede Gardner. Members from Columbia’s film clubs and societies including the Society for the Advancement of Underrepresented Filmmakers, Delta Kappa Alpha, and Columbia Undergraduate Film Production attended the event, eager to hear from a successful alumna who once stood in our shoes. READ MORE