Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Columbia Archives

Friendzoned

By Devon Towell
May 7, 2014 - 1:02pm

We hope you enjoy this op-ed from a HC Columbia guest writer. Months of mixed signals and somehow they all point in the same direction: the friend zone.  A hell-like purgatory full of reading into texts and body language, frustration, and comparing yourself to Duckie in Pretty in Pink.  To expose your feelings would “ruin everything”, and to keep them in is torture.  And since this is Columbia, there is no prom or ball where it all comes out.  READ MORE

VIVE On-Campus Beauty Bar

By Jackie Hall
May 4, 2014 - 10:23pm

Come celebrate the end of classes and pamper yourself at the VIVE on-campus beauty bar popup!    Blow-drys, braids, up-dos, and makeup, as well as gifts from Hanky Panky and Resqwater and light refreshments from Pita Grill.    May 5th 4-7 PM    Book an appointment: READ MORE

How to Have a Fabulous Week

By Elena Nicolaou
April 28, 2014 - 11:24am

Lately, everything seems to be downright crazy. Finals are looming over our heads, but before we can think about finals, we have to concentrate on the millions of papers and other assignments that are due first. I don't know about you, but I don't even have time to think some days! Still, it's more important now than ever to keep your head up and try to have a helluva time. Don't forget that college is short, and before we know it, we'll be in the *gasp* real world. Let's enjoy what we have while we have it! 1) Take a lesson from Beyonce READ MORE

Naomi Ayele, CC '17

By Tofunmi Oshodi
April 9, 2014 - 10:33pm

Name: Naomi Ayele Year: 2016 Details: She's wearing a black, lace dress from Express as well as gold and green earrings. In her own words, Naomi would describe her style as "classic with a touch of culture. I like wearing basics, but adding a bit of color through my accessories ."   READ MORE

Which Of These Super Powers Do You Wish You Had?

By Hannah Domeier

Bacchanal Essentials

By Lana Wang
April 6, 2014 - 6:00pm

Oh Bacchanal. The one glimmering day of happiness before Columbia grinds us down again. Last year was my first year atBacchanal and based on my experiences I hope to provide some advice so everyone has a jolly good time. While the day is focused on having fun, things can get pretty crazy. I didn't understand how cray cray Columbia kids could get until I was in the middle of the crowd getting trampled into the ground and watching the opening of sky close in as the crowd swallowed me… Thankfully I got out alive with only some scraped knees but I was definitely not prepared for that level of insanity. So here is my checklist of Bacchanal essentials to ensure that everyone has the best time possible. READ MORE...

Creative Ways to Be Healthy in JJ's Place

By Kenya Watson
March 31, 2014 - 6:40pm

It’s late, you’ve had a long day of classes, and the only dining hall open is JJ’s Place. While JJ’s is notorious for its selection of comfort foods, like burgers, fries, and wings, there are still plenty of great options that are filling and healthy. Next time you find yourself going down those stairs to our late night dining hall, use these tips to help you make your meal choices. READ MORE

20 Questions with J. Dean

By Ali Schulz
March 31, 2014 - 6:31pm

Name: Jonathan Dean
Age: 20
Major: Econ-Poliitical Science and Sociology
Hometown: Annapolis, MD READ MORE

Harvard Brattle Street Chamber Players & Columbia Classical Performers Joint Concert

By Elena Nicolaou
March 27, 2014 - 10:16am

This will be a great concert from two student groups. And, it's free! I'll be attending for my music hum concert report.  READ MORE

Who is your Disney princess soul sister?

By Elena Nicolaou