Ani Kumar

Posted -

Name:
Anirudh (Ani) Kumar

Year: 2013
School: Columbia College
Major: Pre-med, Sustainable Development; Concentration in Anthropology

Hometown: San Diego, CA

Relationship status: Off the market.

On-campus activities: Columbia Raas, Research Assistant at the Center for Research on Environmental Decisions

Off-campus activities: The time I walk between practices, work, the library, and my classes. Joking--but I do wish I had more time to do cool NYC things. Eating from as many food trucks as possible and trying as many types of India Pale Ales and pizza joints as I can are on the list.

Spring Break plans: Traveling to Bangladesh through a Columbia course to do sustainability field work on the Ganges Delta.

Pet-peeves: People who aren't passionate about things.

Dream job: Working as a physician for the impoverished in sub-Saharan Africa or India.

If you were stuck on a deserted island, you would need: Good books, NFL Network, and definitely beer.

Every guys needs these three things in his closet: classy ties, a warm peacoat (goes with anything), and a signature cologne.

Your perfect date in 7 words or less: Beer, bar food, laughing until I cry.

Favorite off-campus location: Levain Bakery on 74th and Broadway. Best cookie in NYC.

Favorite thing about NYC: The density and diversity of people. The 'burbs were getting oooold. And I like how having a weird name here isn't actually weird because basically everyone has a weird name. I always knew when the teacher was calling on me on the first day of every year in K-12 because she/he would just pause and frown at some point during attendance. 

Favorite class and professor at Columbia: Social History of American Public Health. James Colgrove is an amazing lecturer. I've never felt guiltier for missing a 9AM.

Spirit animal: Obviously, bear. FACT: BEARS EAT BEETS.

Dream wife: Some combination of Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek with the brains of Shakira.

One thing you want to do before graduating: Complete the King's Crown. I want to leave my mark at Columbia.

Top three albums of all time: Everything All the Time by Band of Horses, Rubber Soul by the Beatles, and The Life Pursuit by Belle & Sebastian.

If you could have a super power what would it be and why: Definitely to fly. Wouldn't ever have to drive or use the subway again!

If you could invite anyone to dinner, you would ask: I think I'd have the most fun with Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann--you know, because of their respective capacities for intellectual conversation.

HamDel decides to name a sandwich after you (what's it called and what's in it): Heaven on Earth -- CALIFORNIA-grown avocado, tomatoes, onions, sprouts, sweet mustard, mayo, pepper jack cheese all on freshly-baked sourdough or ciabatta.

Photo by Michael Discenza

Get more HC!

Get the best of Her Campus, right in your inbox! Learn more.

About The Author

Editor's Note

From Around The Web

We Recommend

User login