katie harp dRCjgmc4B8I unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
katie harp dRCjgmc4B8I unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

20 Birthday Freebies You Don’t Want to Miss Out On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

Everyone likes free stuff, especially college students. It’s rough out there, everything costs money, and worse, while we’re having fun living the college life, crippling student debt won’t leave the back of our minds. I’ll stop, back to the free stuff. What could be better than free stuff on your birthday? I can’t think of anything. Continue reading for the top 20 free gifts you can get just because it’s your birthday. We’ve rounded up everything from Bare Minerals to Buffalo Wild Wings.

1. Sephora

Sign up for their Beauty Insider rewards program and receive a free birthday gift, redeemable anytime during your birthday month. The birthday gifts of your choosing for 2018 are: a mini GlamGlow Glowstarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer and GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment set, a Bite Beauty hydrating lip set, and a Bumble & Bumble Shampoo and Conditioner set.

2. Starbucks

Starbucks Rewards members get a free birthday drink! If you aren’t a Starbucks Rewards member, what are you doing?

3. Dunkin Donuts

Rival of Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, also offers a special something. When you join the DD Perks rewards program, you get a free drink of your choice.

4. Bare Minerals

Join the Friends and Benefits program and you not only get 15% off just for signing up, but you get a free gift on your birthday along with other perks, like $10 off every $150 you spend.

5. Baskin Robbins

In addition to year-round perks, if you create a Baskin-Robbins account, you get a free scoop of ice cream on your birthday, making you part of the “Birthday Club”. Yes, ironically, that’s what they call their rewards program.

6. Au Bon Pain

When you become a member of the  Au Bon Pain eClub, you get a free travel mug (so cool). You also get a free lunch on your birthday. Of course, the benefits don’t stop there, as part of the club you get other perks, including a special anniversary gift.

7. Aveda

When you register for Aveda’s  Pure Privilege Rewards Program, you receive a birthday gift valued at $23. This is probably the highest valued free gift on this entire list, making it a no-brainer.

8. Benefit

During the week of your birthday, if you visit a Benefit BrowBar Beauty Lounge, you will be given a free brow arch! Want to know the best part? No membership program required!

9. Jamba Juice

When you Sign up for Jamba Insider Rewards, you earn a free small smoothie on your birthday, not to mention you get $3 off for every 35 pointed earned!

10. The Body Shop

Members of the Love Your Body club get numerous perks and discounts, like 10% off of every purchase! For their birthday, they also get a special $10 birthday reward.

11. Ulta

By signing up for Ulta’s Ultamate Rewards, you get a free birthday gift AND double points on entire purchases for your whole birthday month.

12. Buffalo Wild Wings

Get free snack-size wings from Buffalo Wild Wings when you sign up for their rewards program, Blazin’ Rewards. Also, for every $10 you spend on food you earn 100 points.

13. Einstein Bros. Bagels

Get a free egg sandwich with a purchase on your birthday when you join the Shmear Society.

14. IHOP

When you sign up for the Pancake Revolution, you will receive a free meal on your birthday.

15. Panda Express

Register to receive emails and you will be gifted an exclusive offer on your birthday.

16. Panera Bread

Join MyPanera and get a free pastry on your birthday.

17. Smashbox

Register yourself for the rewards program and you will receive a free gift during your birthday month.

18. Steak ‘n Shake

When you Join their eClub, you are awarded a free double Steakburger with cheese and a side of fries on your birthday.

19. The Cheesecake Factory

Even though you will probably go there for their cheesecake, if you go on your birthday and tell your server that it is your special day you will receive free ice cream! I hear ice cream pairs really well with cheesecake.

20. Victoria’s Secret

Sign up for an Angel Card, and get a birthday gift worth $10. While, unfortunately, this won’t cover the cost of any of their apparel, you are able to pick out a nice scent or a moisturizing lip product- which is still a win in my book.

Briana Kennedy

Columbia Chicago '19

I am a Columbia College Chicago student majoring in Advertising and double minoring in Marketing and Social Media & Digital Strategy. I am currently a strategy intern for Fusion92. In my free time, I enjoy reading, running, watching Netflix, exploring Chicago, and finding the cutest coffee shops.
Columbia College Chicago