Style

10 Times Women Looked Better in a Suit than Men

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

Who said suits are only for men to wear? These 10 women sure didn’t . . .

1. Anna Kendrick: Balmain – Grammy Awards (2018)Photo courtesy of Celeb Mafia

Anna brings the badass-ness of this suit out, but also the classiness. The lace bralette underneath adds the perfect feminine touch.

2. Aja Naomi King – ABC’s TGIT Line-up Celebration (2015)Photo courtesy of Zimbio

There’s nothing like a bold head-to-toe red look that spices up the already red carpet.

3. Zendaya: Dundas – Good Morning America (2017)Photo courtesy of InStyle

Getting major 1950s vibes from Zendaya with this pink and black suit. The big buttons and white heels pull it all together like a poodle skirt and scarf.

4. Amber Heard: Dolce & Gabbana – “The Danish Girl” Premiere (2015)Photo courtesy of Fashionista

The patterns in this suit take it up to a whole other level. It’s fitted perfectly on Amber, not to mention she pulls off the doubled tie like its her job.

5. Keke Palmer: Antonio Berardi – BET Awards (2014)Photo courtesy of Pinterest

This royal blue color makes a powerful statement that goes along perfectly with Keke’s skin tone. Her slicked back hair also shows off the epic deep cut.

6. Janelle Monae: Barbara Bui – Essence Black Women (2017)Photo courtesy of Style Bistro

Queen of Suits, Janelle doesn’t disappoint once again in this color blocked outfit. The lines on the sides give it a sporty look, but she dresses it up with a top-notch bun and beautiful face of makeup.

7. Beyonce: Givenchy – CFDA Awards (2016)Photo courtesy of E! News

It’s no secret Beyonce looks good in everything, and this striped suit is no exception. And can we talk about that hat? Iconic.

8. Natasha Poly: Frame Denim – NYFW (2016)Photo courtesy of Pinterest

Velvet has never looked so good in emerald. Putting it together on a suit is exactly how Natasha gets all the eyes on her when she walks into a room.

9. Anne Hathaway: Band of Outsiders – “Bride Wars” Premiere (2009)Photo courtesy of Lainey Gossip

Everyone needs a classic all-black suit in their life. Anna looks effortlessly beautiful by wearing it with a high pony and dangling earrings.

10. Miroslava Duma: Lee Oliveira – NYFW (2017)Photo courtesy of Lee Oliveira

Miroslava turns all the heads walking down the street in this checkered suit. Posh and sophisticated, she looks ready to take over the city.

Ally Stegman

Columbia Chicago '21

aspiring magazine writer with a passion for pop culture and fashion
Tory Appel

Columbia Chicago

Hello! My name is Tory Appel and I am a student at Columbia College Chicago studying advertising and photography. I am also working at 101.9 the Mix and 100.3 WSHE as a Promotional Assistant, and I'm loving every minute of it! In my free time I like to take portraits, read, and watch scary movies.