Style > Beauty

10 Beauty and Fashion Youtubers You Should Be Watching

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

When it comes to beauty and fashion we each get to uniquely express ourselves, but it doesn’t hurt to take some inspo. Below is a guide to 10 YouTubers perfect to inspire you. If you’re as obsessed with YouTube as I am, you’ll want to take notes. Have fun binge watching!

1. Casey Holmes

A southern peach with an affinity for glam. Casey’s a super relatable girl who just loves her dogs. She struggles with rosacea and oily skin, so of course, she’s a full coverage queen. She also owns an online clothing boutique Rosie Daze!

Gif Courtesy of Giphy

2. Sophdoesnails

Soph does much more makeup than nails in reality. During her channels early days she focused on nails more than makeup, but today it is the opposite. This British darling recently dropped a collaboration with Makeup Revolution. Both the eyeshadow and highlight palette are available for purchase online at Revolution Beauty USA and Ulta Beauty.

Photo Courtesy of revolutionbeautyusa.com

3. EmmasRectangle

Emma’s personality shines through the camera. She’s honest and that’s what makes her so charming. As a UK size 12 Emma helps plus size girls with her trendy finds in her many fashion hauls.

Photo Courtesy of EmmasRectangle on YouTube  

4. KathleenLights

Kathleen is your resident unproblematic beauty YouTube babe. She’s sweet as can be and super informative. She’s a perfect watch for girls struggling with dry skin. Her dewy skin tips and tricks have got you covered. She also owns a nail polish line, KL Polish. Can you say #girlboss?

Gif Courtesy of Giphy

5. Mia Maples

Mia will soon be your Canadian crush. She consistently tests cheap clothing and makeup brands to make sure they are legit for her subscribers. Think of her as a fairy godmother who stops you from making those online shopping fails.  Past videos include trying popular brands Wish, Romwe, and Shein.

Photo Courtesy of Mia Maples on YouTube

6. Shaaanxo

New Zealander Shannon Harris, started her channel back in 2009 and has since grown a brand. She launched XOBeauty in 2013 after deciding only she could make her dreams happen. She is also really open about her struggles with her weight and body image. She’s truly inspirational. We love an empowered sister.

Photo Courtesy of Shaaanxo on Youtube

7. NikkieTutorials

Mama Tutorials is the queen of the beauty community. Nikkie has been at it for over 10 years. She’s accumulated over 9 million subscribers and her impact on the industry is incredible.

Gif Courtesy of Giphy

8. Ryan Potter

Ryan is fairly new to the beauty scene, but he is cute as a button. With only around 54,000 subscribers, he’s growing into his channel still. His looks are fresh, fun, and display his talented artistry.

Photo Courtesy of Ryan Potter on YouTube  

9. Jasmine Brown

Jasmine’s bubbly personality shines through the camera, and she’s always serving some serious looks. From hair tutorials to makeup tutorials, to clothing hauls this beauty does it all.

Photo Courtesy of Jasmine Brown on YouTube

10. PatrickStarrr

Aside from being hilarious, if you want to see collabs with celebs Patrick is your man. Some of his notable transformations include icon Kim Kardashian, singer Katy Perry, and actress Madelaine Petsch.​

Gif Courtesy of Giphy

Kaci Watt

Columbia Chicago '21

Hey I'm Kaci! I'm a sophomore journalism major and public relations minor who loves shopping, watching youtube, and writing!
Tory Appel

Columbia Chicago

Hello! My name is Tory Appel and I am a student at Columbia College Chicago studying advertising and photography. I am also working at 101.9 the Mix and 100.3 WSHE as a Promotional Assistant, and I'm loving every minute of it! In my free time I like to take portraits, read, and watch scary movies.