This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

It’s officially that time of year: Spring break is over and we’re in the haul until classes end. Between the sluggish winter weather and the permanent piles of work that never seems to dissipate between midterms and finals, it’s tempting to use every scrap of free time to hole up in your dorm watching re-runs of The Office. But while it might sound counterintuitive, the things we probably all need most right now is a breath of fresh air– and if we can’t get that ourselves in our stale, extremely “lived-in” dorms, we have to create some ourselves. This week challenge yourself to step out of your shell: submit an application for that internship you’ve been thinking about, reach out to an acquaintance you haven’t chatted with in a while, resolve to start or finish a new project…anything! Once you spring into action, there’s no stopping you.

A self-proclaimed dark chocolate hoarder living and learning in Manhattan. A book-lover at heart, Olivia can most often be found reading, doing yoga, or destressing on the swings in Riverside Park.