6 Ways to Refresh Your Life This Spring

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

We’ve tried them, we’ve tested them, we’ve danced in them and ran around NYC in them – here are our 6 favorite products to get your spring season off to a jazzy start. 

1- Alba Botanica®

• Hawaiian Green Tea Sunscreen SPF 45

• Erica: This sunscreen is great! I used it during my spring break trip to Cuba with Her Campus, and I came back without a single burn. Sunscreen is so important to keep your skin healthy, and this is a great option because it doesn’t streak or take a while to absorb, and stays on even at the beach.

• Ariana: The sunscreen smells really good, which is awesome because most sunscreen smells like chemicals. The green tea is the absolute key!

2- Almay

• Shadow Squad™ Eyeshadow

• Olivia: Super fun shade that’s perfect for a neutral look going to class or else amping it up for a night out with friends. Also perfect if you’re an eyeshadow novice or a seasoned pro!

• Ariana: Awesome pigmentation and an easy way to spice up your look.

3- Bed Head by TIGI

• Superstar Queen for a Day Spray Thickening Spray

• Sydney: My roommate used this on a Friday night after a full day of classes and it refreshed her hair immediately! She had all her volume back and was ready for her night out at her fave jazz club downtown

• Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray

• Sydney: This spray is essential for frizz control! I use it for all my ballet and pointe rehearsals and performances and it lasts the entire day and into the next. Flexible so I can adjust my bun without product build-up

4- Buxom Cosmetics

• Va-Va-Plump Shiny Liquid Lipstick in Wine Me

• Ariana: amazing pigmentation and lasts all through the day–even after eating!

• Ambria: This lipstick is a fantastic color to wear by itself or layer over another darker color, which is how I like to wear it. It gives more body and fullness to my lips, and lasts for a very long time as long as I don’t eat too much! I recommend using it with a lip liner or another more moisturizing lipstick underneath. Overall, a great buy for the color alone!

5- Krazy Glue

• All Purpose Singles 4ct.-0.5g
    • Sydney: Carry this in your backpack for when your purse strap snaps or your sandals get scuffed. It’s quick, easy, and no-mess

6- L’Oréal Paris

• Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes
    • Sydney: Gives you that healthy glow without having to wait for the sun or drop money on a Miami spring break 
    • Ambria: I gave these to a friend to use after she had developed an uneven tan line over our spring break trip. It really helped the uneven color and offset the weird lines! It was even darker than her actual tan. They would be great by themselves to give yourself a healthy sunny glow! For best results, reapply fairly frequently and watch out for it rubbing off. 

Sydney Hotz

Columbia Barnard

Sydney is in love with New York City, dogspotting, and chorizo tacos. She's an aspiring novelist, a Barnard feminist, and might deny she was born in New Jersey.
A self-proclaimed dark chocolate hoarder living and learning in Manhattan. A book-lover at heart, Olivia can most often be found reading, doing yoga, or destressing on the swings in Riverside Park.
Erica Kam is the Life Editor at Her Campus. She oversees the life, career, and news verticals on the site, including academics, experience, high school, money, work, and Her20s coverage. Over her six years at Her Campus, Erica has served in various editorial roles on the national team, including as the previous Culture Editor and as an editorial intern. She has also interned at Bustle Digital Group, where she covered entertainment news for Bustle and Elite Daily. She graduated in 2021 with a bachelor’s degree in English and creative writing from Barnard College, where she was the senior editor of Columbia and Barnard’s Her Campus chapter and a deputy copy editor for The Columbia Spectator. When she's not writing or editing, you can find her dissecting K-pop music videos for easter eggs and rereading Jane Austen novels. She also loves exploring her home, the best city in the world — and if you think that's not NYC, she's willing to fight you on it.