This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Great news: Hamilton New York’s local noodle shop has entered the late night game and is open until 2:30am on Friday and Saturday’s!

N13 is a restaurant that flies pretty low under the radar, but offers a nice alternative to the typical 2a.m. slices. There is a special late night menu at N13 that includes lo mein, smoke shop steamed buns, and broth in a cup.

The lo mein is similar to a typical noodle shop’s stir fried noodles and includes lo mein noodles with carrots, shallots, flowering Chinese chives, scallions, and their sweet soy sauce. The smoke shop steamed buns are a viable option as well that gives you the option of either chicken, mushroom, tofu, or pork filling- accommodating to both vegetarians and meat lovers! Lastly, the broth in a cup is a perfect option to warm you up on your walk or cruiser ride home during the cold Colgate winter nights.

In addition to the late night menu, the regular hour menu offers a lot of tasty options at a fair price and good quality. I met with an N13 employee to learn more about the restaurant and was welcomed with friendly service and positive atmosphere. I learned that the general manager, Scott Williams, is a Colgate alumn and also has a daughter that graduated from Colgate recently.

It is evident in the noodle shop’s name and color scheme that the managers value Colgate pride and work to cater to Colgate students. Additionally, I was informed that pot stickers and stir-fry were the most popular items on the menu. So, if you are a first-timer deciding what you should order; the pot stickers are a favored choice if you are craving dumplings, and the stir-fry is a nice option that also caters to gluten-intolerant consumers with their rice noodles.

Along with the friendly atmosphere and endless options of food, the ingredients used in each dish are fresh and purchased at the local Asian market in Syracuse, NY. The broths are made in house and are carefully prepared for countless hours.

N13 is an up-and-coming noodle company that adds a unique taste to our community and largely values Raider nation. The new late night option creates a more diverse choice than pizza and ranch, and includes fresh ingredients that won’t make you feel groggy in the morning!

So, come one come all – let’s get N Turnt-Teen!