Hillary Clinton Comes To Colgate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

The Honorable Hillary Rodham will be delivering the Kerschner Family Global Leaders Series lecture on Friday, October 25th at 6:00 pm in The Sanford Field House. This will be the highlight of Family Weekend and tickets are already SOLD OUT. The guest appearance from the former Secretary of State has had the entire campus buzzing with excitement. There will also be a small group meet and greet with Clinton and selected Colgate students right before her lecture. Students applied for this opportunity by writing a brief summary explaining why they would like to meet with her, in addition to sending in a few sample questions. This event will kick off Parent’s weekend, which includes additional guest appearances by Randy Fagundo and Dan Peck, CEO and VP of Minute Key, Inc. These entrepreneurs created the world’s first self-service key machine. They will be delivering a lecture on Saturday, October 26th at 4:30pm in Love Auditorium, Olin Hall. Bring your friends and your family to these awesome lectures!   

photo credit: http://news.colgate.edu/2013/0…

Elena Havas is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Colgate University. She is an English Major with an emphasis in creative writing as well as a Minor in Film and Media Studies. She began blogging for Her Campus in the Spring of 2013. She has made new initiatives to expand Her Campus across Colgate's Campus. She is a native of New York City and some of her interests include life advice, pop culture, women's rights, public policy reform and referring to herself in the third person under her alias notoriously known as "lanes".