This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Who has more pressure coming into Game 7 of the World Series, the Chicago Cubs—who haven’t won since 1908—or the Cleveland Indians—who haven’t won since 1948 and had a 3-1 lead at the start of this match-up? This decisive game is rare moment for both teams to win a World Series; let’s see what some die-hard fans from competing camps have to say about tonight’s game!

From Lysette Roman ’17 about the Indians: 

HC: Why are you rooting for the Indians?

LR: “I am rooting for the Indians because I am a die-hard Cleveland fan, born and raised. It’s the most beautiful hardworking city many people have known. I love it and it raised my family and the team reflects the hardworking and friendly values of Clevelanders. Plus, we haven’t had a win since the 40s. We’ve worked hard to get here and we deserve this title!! This so much bigger than sports, to be honest.”

HC: What has surprised you most about this Championship Series?

LR: “What has surprised me most is simply the two teams playing! Both teams are underdogs in the league and have a long history of NOT making it to the World Series. This is a battle of TWO underdogs, and you don’t see that every year.”

HC: Who is your favorite player and why?

LR: “My favorite player is Francisco Lindor because he’s Puerto Rican and is just 22 years old, loves the city and is considered one of the league’s best rookies.”

HC: Why is this win important to Cleveland? 

LR: “Peter Hargrove wrote in a recent article on Cleveland.com, ‘Chicago doesn’t understand how bad it hurts to have someone laugh at you for living in a city you love. Chicago doesn’t understand how hard it is to find the words to overcome an inaccurate stereotype.’ This win brings a lot of bragging rights and pride! Plus, the win, like the NBA finals would bring tons of revenue and jobs and attention and excitement to a blossoming and exciting city full of millennials and happy families. I get that Chicago has had a tough go for baseball, but this is about the pride of a CITY. Chicago has seen success in sports and the economy, and we haven’t had that.”

As for loyal Cubs supporter, Amy Balmuth ’17:

HC: Why are you rooting for the Cubs?

AB: “I’m a Cubs Fan because I’m from Chicago and my dad is a huge Cubs fan. I’ve gone to a lot of games, mostly losing games, and I’d love to see my dedication redeemed.”

AB: “I’ve been really surprised with the caliber of Cleveland’s team, particularly their bullpen. I didn’t really know a lot about the Indians and it has been thrilling to watch such a competitive series. I’ve also been disappointed by the Cubs’ at bats—our big hitters have been seriously under performing in the post season, partially because our team is so young, so even though I am optimistic for the future, I would’ve liked to have seen better performance from Bryant, Baez, Russell and Fowler.”

AB: “I’m a big fan of Kyle Hendricks, tonight’s pitcher. He went to Dartmouth and they call him ‘The Professor’. He’s so chill that his heart rate doesn’t go up when he’s playing, which calms me because I’m a really tense sports fan. I also love the Bryant/Rizzo dynamic; I think that duo is going to take us far in the years to come.”

HC: Why is this win important to Chicago?

AB: “It’s been 108 years. Being a Cubs fan is synonymous with being sucky, and I’d like that to change. I LOVE rooting for the underdog, and this is truly the ultimate underdog story. 2016 has not been a kind year to many, and a Cubs win would be some seriously uplifting news.”

Well there you have it, folks! Tonight’s game has everyone on the edge of their respective seats, because Game 7 is so much more than a game, this win is about the pride, redemption and perseverance in two great American cities.