Declassified: A Prankster’s Guide to Doing April Fools Day Right

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

April 1st holds a very special place in several jokesters hearts—and it is just a few short days away! While the more professional pranksters have been preparing for this day for weeks now, there may still be a few of you out there who haven’t thought about conducting a prank yet. Whether you are the perpetrator or the victim, both roles are bound to get a good laugh—so get out your thinking caps and start planning! Here are a few inspiring ideas to get your mind racing…

1.  Got sticky notes…or adderall?

Although tedious, just picture your friends face when they walk out to a new Pimp My Ride car job… priceless.

2.  “Why isn’t this thing working?!”

Cover the computer mouse sensor! Perfect for a stressed out friend who needs a little comic relief during these miserable midterm weeks.

3.  The struggles of *autocorrect*

Now that’s how you really get someone frustrated. Borrow your friend’s phone and switch up the autocorrect. How?: Settings → General → Keyboard → Text Replacement

4.  PLASTIC WRAP

Every prankster has used the plastic wrap prank at one time in their career. This classic prank can work on practically anything: room, car, phone, shampoo bottles, you name it!

5.  Some new decor..

Whether it be cups or a funny picture, duplicate it and fill your friend’s room to spice it up a bit, you can never go wrong with adding some new decor.

Quite honestly the options are endless, especially when you have the advantage of living on the same campus. Thus, I advise all of you readers to set aside some time from fraturday, take these ideas and run with them. Celebrate April Fools Day right! To the pranksters—just remember, it’s funny until it’s not (don’t cross the line). And to the victims—goodluck and I take absolutely zero responsibility or blame for what you are about to be terrorized with.