This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Full Name: Ben Aldrich

Major: Undecided

Hometown: Westport, CT

Class Year: 2015

This freshman cutie from Westport, CT first captured our hearts tearing it up on the cross-country team this past fall. Ask him where his favorite place on campus is, and he’ll say the cross-country course. No surprise there! He’s not all about running, though; Ben has an unmatched sense of humor and is always down for a good time.

What do you do on campus?

“Cross Country and Track”

If you had to plan a date at Colgate, where would you go/what would you do?

“Dinner in the Frank TV room then hit the Jug! Kidding! – I would probably do dinner in town than see where my friends are heading for the night and we would meet up with them for some fun.”

This low-key date sounds like a great place to let your hair down and show Ben your goofy side, since Ben appreciates a girl who isn’t afraid to joke around.

A sense of humor is the most important thing for me. If she can make me laugh and will also laugh at my jokes, that goes along way.”

It’s all about face-time

“This goes beyond just women, but one of my biggest turnoffs is when people use their phones around me.  Isn’t it better to be social than scroll Facebook or Twitter around other people?”

Relationship status?

Sorry ladies, but this cutie is currently off the market; but don’t be afraid to approach him at a party or at Frank and strike up a conversation, he’s definitely got some interesting things to say!

Bet you didn’t know…

1. Ben plays the Piano and the Banjo.

2. He lived in England for 3 years.

3. His high school Senior Superlative was “Life of the Party.”

What is the craziest thing you have ever done on campus?

“After a hard workout at the track, I took an ice bath in a half-frozen Taylor Lake.”

Brr! Luckily Ben’s warm heart and brilliant smile could thaw any weather Colgate might serve up.

Emily Bliss is a sophomore at Colgate University, where her academic interests include Political Science, Economics, and Chinese. She hopes to attend business school upon her graduation. In addition to being a tour guide and admissions office volunteer, she competes with the Alpine Ski Racing Team and the Rugby Club. Emily calls Cambridge, Massachusetts home, as it is where she was born and raised, though she loves living in Hamilton, New York when school is in session. Her favorite activities include spending time in and around Boston, watching Gossip Girl, traveling, and cooking!