5 Things You Need To Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

1. Tazo Tea

A warm cup of tea will be right by your side through out your long nights at the lib. Tazo’s “Thrive” flavor is one of my personal favorites. It is a green tea blend that will kick you out of bed on a sunday afternoon and get you right over to the Case library multiplex (the hub of campus during finals). 

2. Burt’s Bees Chapstick

This might seem like just an every day essential, but I find myself needing my Burt’s crack fix more and more this season. True, it could be due to the harsh winter weather conditions here in Hamilton, but the peppermint sent of this chapstick on my lips is particularly calming during times of heavy stress and anxiety.

3. Naps

Sleep is usually the first thing we sacrifice during finals. If you have been working on a paper or project for hours on hours it is imperative that you squeeze in a nap, just one hour will do you wonders! 

4. Reward Yourself With Snacks … But Don’t Get Crazy

Another thing we often sacrifice are healthy eating habits. In a matter of seconds you have eaten an entire half block of cheese at 3 o’clock in the morning followed by only picking out the m&ms in a pack of trail mix. Try your best to make snacking a motivation for work, sometimes I like to tell myself okay you can go get Cheez-its from the vending machine once I finish this paragraph

5. Socialization and A Great Playlist

Cublicals can be lonely isloated places. During preparation for finals or working on a bunch of things at the same time might leave you in complete absence of human contact for hours on end. Make sure you squeeze in social breaks with your friends venting about everything you have to do will help you de-stress. Ofcourse you will need an amazing week long playlist for your highs and lows, I like a collective mix of everything, possibly some smooth jazz for reading or weird sandstorm cosmic uptempo instrumentals for studying. 

Photo Credit: http://ryanruudtherapy.com/2013/09/04/how-to-sleep-like-a-baby/

Elena Havas is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Colgate University. She is an English Major with an emphasis in creative writing as well as a Minor in Film and Media Studies. She began blogging for Her Campus in the Spring of 2013. She has made new initiatives to expand Her Campus across Colgate's Campus. She is a native of New York City and some of her interests include life advice, pop culture, women's rights, public policy reform and referring to herself in the third person under her alias notoriously known as "lanes".