Valentine’s Day: Love it or Hate it?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

As you all know Valentines Day is approaching sooner then you think. Now, for some, this can be a cringing moment filled with hate, disgust, and wanting to smash your computer at the sight of one more couple picture (we get it, your in love…).

Those of us that are in relationships may choose to go all out with the Valentine’s Day love, and those of us that aren’t go all out hating Valentine’s Day together. Either way, Valentines Day does in fact gain a lot of unnecessary attention, whether it is LOVING or HATING  it. It somehow figures out how to get everyone’s attention with the candy…the hearts…the pink and red streamed all over. So, whether you’re willing to embrace the holiday or not, here are some awesome ways to make you feel like your decision is TOTALLY justified:

For those that aren’t about that Feb. 14th life, here are 4 Things better than Valentines Day:

1. Netflix (10 seasons of Friends anyone?)

2. Pizza (um…Yummm….)

3. Drinks (aka Wine, ALWAYS)

4. Girls Nights (drink…rage…repeat!!)

However, if this day is for you then here are: 4 great things about Valentines Day:

1. The heart shaped candy <3

2. The flowers

3. Excuse to play a lot of Taylor Swift songs

4. A reason to watch a lot of Corny Love Movies… over and over again <3 <3 <3 

Natalie Goodman is a sophomore at Colby with a double major in Government and French. Outside of class, she is a member of the French club, the theater club, and the Hillel on campus. She is in love with makeup, chocolate, and salt and vinegar Cape Cod potato chips.