Her Campus Thanksgiving: What We’re Thankful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

It’s Thanksgiving, and most of us have headed home for some delicious food and to see our families (and our pets!). But we love Colby, so we wanted to take a couple minutes to say thanks! Below are some things about Colby that some members of our staff at Her Campus Colby College are very thankful for. 

Julia Warnock ’19

Staff Writer

1. My new friends at Colby. I already feel so close to them and it’s so nice to have support system here

2. Thanksgiving Break. I’m thankful for the opportunity to be able to go home for Thanksgiving and spend time with my family and close friends.

3. My education. I’m thankful I can receive such a wonderful education at a place like Colby, surrounded by driven students and incredible professors and staff members

Nita Whelan ’18

Publicity and Social Media Director

1. Family. They mean the world to me and are the best support system I could ever ask for.

2. Puppies. They make me happy

3. Mirakuya. Obviously, it’s Mirakuya. (Mirakuya is a Japanese restaurant in Waterville, ME)

Annabel Darling ‘18

Section Editor

1. My family. I am thankful for my family, because they’re always there no matter what, even when I mess up and only a phone-call away, while at Colby. Family first! Woohoo! 

2. My Friends: I am thankful for my friends at Colby and at home, because they’re loyal, honest, and basically my second family. 

3. Coffee: Pretty obvious why I would be obsessed with coffee. I mean, it’s just always needed and always there to wake me up.

Carli Jaff 16

Campus Correspondent

1. Traditions. From Doghead to convocation to donuts in the dining hall every Thursday morning, Colby is deeply rooted in tradition, and that makes it a school like no other.

2. The faculty. I know it’s cheesy, but I have created closer relationships than I could have ever imagined with my professors. I truly couldn’t have gotten through these four years without them. In addition to my professors, I’m grateful for the faculty who do everything behind the scenes to make Colby the magical place that it is.

3. The opportunities. I have had the opportunity to do so many incredible things during my time at Colby such as internships and leading clubs. I am so thankful that I have had all of these experiences.

Catherine Dunn ‘17

Staff Writer

1. The amazing food. When my sister came up to visit, she thought there must have been a special occasion to explain why the food was so good. Nope! I feel so lucky that delicious food is the norm at Colby.

2. My job. My boss is the nicest woman in the world, and the projects I work on are fun and interesting!

3. The staff. Everyone who works at Colby – the professors, the janitors, the Sodexo workers – work so hard to make the school run smoothly, and yet they always have time for friendly chat, which never fails to brighten my day.

Kelley Fitzpatrick 18

Staff Writer

1. My roommate. I’m grateful for finding my soulmate aka roommate, because we are literally on the same wavelength at all times, and it is the most incredible thing.

2. Family. I’m grateful that I get to go to school with my older brother.

3. My school. I’m grateful to go to a school I’m really proud of.

Alison Levitt 19

Section Editor

1. My dorm. I love the fact that I’m able to run into my hallmates’ rooms (sometimes without knocking) just to talk and hangout.

2. The Reading Room. This bright and spacious room that makes doing math homework so much more bearable.

3. The Colby campus. I can look around in awe everyday at how beautiful our home is.

Michaela Morris ‘19

Staff Writer

1. Adventures. From the Outing Club to just hanging out with my friends to the Cross Country team, I love that people at Colby are always up for doing something fun.

2. The Cross Country Team. I love my teammates! I am so lucky to be included in such a thoughtful, kind, close group of girls. I know my teammates always have my back

3. My roommates. I love going back to my room after a long day and just throwing myself on my bed and chatting with my roommates.