This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Hello fellow HCCers! If the cold month of February is getting you down, look no further to cheer up. Even though Colby’s Spring Break schedule is a little outside of the norm, Her Campus Nationals sent a fantastic Spring Break Survival Kit! Use it to brighten up your month, or save it for our own Spring Break in March!

1. Campus Safety Pepper Gel

Even if this might be more practical on a city campus, keep this with you on campus or through your Spring Break travels to make sure you’re safe.

2. Complete Bare Hair Removal

If your Spring Break is being spent on the beach and you’re so inclined, use this as an alternative to shaving.

3. Her Campus Pens and Stickers

Show your Her Campus pride with stickers and pens!

4. Not Your Mother’s Shampoo and Conditioner

Travel light and try a new toiletry all at once.

5. Luna Minis Chocolate Dipped Coconut

Luna Bars – one of the most delicious snacks out there.

6. Chipotle Buy One Get One Gift Card

Get excited to use this at your next outing to everybody’s favorite fast food burrito bar.

7. Her Campus Sunglasses

Protect your eyes from the Spring Break sunshine with this adorable accessory.

8. Her Campus Koozie

Keep your drink cold and show off your HCC pride with this bright pink koozie.

9. Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell

Nationals also sent us a copy of Taylor Bell’s 2015 novel Dirty Rush, which is already receiving attention for its realistic portrayal of Greek life. In this novel, a girl from a family with a history of joining sororities enters college and learns about sorority life for herself.

10. The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn

Lastly, to further the book theme, Nationals sent a copy of Shane Kuhn’s thriller The Intern’s Handbook. This confessional/DIY manual chronicles the events surrounding a company that places assassins as undercover interns.

All pictures taken by Natalie Goodman

Natalie Jones is a first year at Colby College from Northern Maine. She hasn't declared yet, but is leaning towards a Double Major in Psychology and English. When not in class she mentors for CCAK, watches copious amounts of television, and of course writes and edits for Her Campus Colby.