This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Year: 2013

Dorm: The Schlitz

Favorite Dining Hall: Dana (Pre-burrito bar)

Major: Environmental Policy

Hometown: Bloomington, Minnesota

Relationship Status: Single

Three Things You Can’t Live Without: Good company, Music, Chipotle

Interests: Water sports, adventuring, stargazing

Favorite Movie: Django Unchained

Favorite Song: Freedom- Akon

Favorite Book: Game of Thrones

Favorite Professional Athlete: Patrick Kane or Caddy Brooks.  It’s a toss up.

What do you do on campus?

Play lacrosse, work in the varsity lounge, and waste time in the dining halls.

What’s one girl trend you don’t understand?

When one goes to the bathroom, all must follow.  It’s gotta get a little old, right?

What do you look for in a girl? How about a deal breaker?

A great smile and a good sense of humor.  If she can’t be comfortable around my friends.

If a girl offered to make you dinner, what would you ask her to cook?

I’m a sucker for lasagna.

What’s your most embarrassing moment?

Junior year of high school during warmups of the hockey state playoffs I caught an edge (when no one was within 10 feet of me) and went in hard to the boards in front of a few thousand people. Rattled.

What’s your favorite pick-up line?

Best kept secret in the CAC.

How do you handle being so good looking?

One day at a time.

What’s your favorite Colby memory?

The last few weeks of school every year.  Great weather, good campus vibe, and no parents.

What’s #1 on your Colby bucket list?

Huge raft-up day chay in the middle of Johnson Pond.

What are you most excited about for life after Colby?

The opportunity to do whatever I want with my life.  Starting with a think-tank to come up with the first million dollar idea with my roommates.

How did your first kiss go down?

5th grade graduation. It was a bittersweet moment.  This girl I had a huge crush on told me that she was moving to Illinois, so I got a now-or-never mentality and really sold out for the boys.

What’s cooler than cool?

No case on the iPhone.  Recently converted.

If you had to be handcuffed to one person at Colby for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?

Eric Eberhart.  Great storyteller and very resourceful.  If nothing else, I would be entertained.

Are you a long stick or short stick kind of guy? Speed or stick skills?

Short stick. Whatever skill the job requires.

What would you call your autobiography?

Björn to Be Wild.

Which rapper would best tell your life story and why?

Lil Bow Wow because he’s the Shakespeare of our generation.

What kind of shampoo do you use?

Whatever we have in the shower.

What piece of advice would you give to freshmen girls? What about freshmen boys?

Go abroad.  Not only was it unreal at the time, but also it made me appreciate all I had here at Colby that much more when I got back.

What are you most excited for during spring semester?

Warm weather and Roshambo playing an outside concert

What’s your spirit animal and why?

Bjorn means bear in the Scandinavian languages, so I feel like it was meant to be.

Eliza hails from Cambridge, MA. She is a senior English major with a concentration in creative writing at Colby College. She has been working with Her Campus Colby since it launched. At Colby, she is also mentors a little girl twice a week and cooks at the Mid Maine Homeless Shelter. She knows more about sports than most boys-- especially Boston sports-- her one true love. But she also has a passion for classic literature, fashion, and modern art.
Brett is a senior at Colby College. She is an international studies and anthropology double major, and spent her first semester of college in Dijon, France.  She enjoys writing, traveling, Gossip Girl, and Thai food. Already having interned at fashion designers and magazines, she is excited to contribute to Her Campus! She is also a certified personal trainer and loves working out.