jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Reasons Why Fall is the BEST

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Fall is just such a cozy time of year. It’s warm and not super freezing yet, and it’s not Christmastime so the first semester isn’t already over. However, the leaves start to change, Halloween arises (a good excuse to eat your weight in chocolate), Thanksgiving happens (yay, Thanksgiving break) and Starbucks comes out with a new version of the pumpkin spice latte…it’s just overall a really satisfying few months.

And this is why everyone should love Fall/Autumn (besides the fact that it has two names, because it’s the best season ever)…. Here are 7 fabulous reasons to truly fall in love with Autumn…

1. The word Autumn just sounds lovely.

2. You can make this DELICIOUS truffle mac…honestly too good.

3. Everything comes in pumpkin. Literally everything! You can drink these basic b*tch drinks all day, everyday, and no one can really say anything about it. ‘Cause, like, it’s AUTUMN!!!

4. You can wear ALL the sweaters you want, because a coat isn’t really needed… (and maybe look as cool as Gigi Hadid while doing it).

5. Apple picking would never be as fun in summer! It’s just that much better in the Fall. Who doesn’t love apple crisp on Thanksgiving or caramel apples on Halloween…check out the apple farm right by Colby!!!

6. FIRES…the best fires are in the Fall. The crisp smell of wood burning fires is so cozy and delightful, and it can make any room feel like home!

7. And finally…. Autumn is by far the prettiest time of the year! Enjoy it(Before we all start to experience Maine winter and freeze to death)!

Source

Source

Source

Source

Carli Jaff is a senior at Colby with a double major in American Studies and Education. Outside of classes and being a CC for Her Campus Colby, she is the Managing Editor of the school newspaper, a writing tutor at the college writers' center, a research assistant for the Head of the Education department, and a co-chair of Colby's Senior Pledge Committee. Carli is very excited to work for Her Campus Colby and share her love for college with you all!