4 Dress Trends Perfect for Fall Formal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

1. Low-cut top, full skirt

Show a little skin with the deep-v, but keep something up to the imagination with a full skirt.  This style is ultra-flattering on every body type and is perfect for hiding any flaws. The dress above is from Revolve Clothing and here are two other great options from Shopbop and Tobi

2. Body-con

The tighter the better. A body-con might require a few extra trips to the gym but is super chic if you want to show off! This style was popularized by celebrities wearing Herve Leger by Max Azria body-con dresses, but the image above features a more affordable option from Tobi.

4. Cut-outs 

Ooh La La! Cut-outs give any dress an added boost. They come in many shapes and forms, from mesh covering to bare-all backs. The dress in the image above is from Revolve Clothing

5. Low Back

Nothing says understated glam like a subtle low back. Any dress can look plain from the front, but turn around for a big surprise. And yes, an over the shoulder back-view pic is necessary! Check out the dress as shown above at Shopbop and this other option, also from Shopbop

Cover image credit: http://www.outerinner.com/blog…

Gillian graduated from The Winsor School in Boston, MA in 2012 and is now a member of the class of 2016 at Colby College.