This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

College is pretty reminiscent of one of our favorite teen dramas. You might be skeptical: how in the world is CNU anything like Gossip Girl? But maybe you’ll agree with some of the similarities we found.

When it’s theme meal time:

When your senior friends start talking about graduation:

When President Trible greets you on campus:

When you try to recall how many meal swipes you actually have left for the week:

When you’re doing poorly in a class you were overridden into:

When your RA gives you some life advice:

When we get a much-anticipated snow day:

When you realize living with your best friend next year wouldn’t be the best idea in the world:

When you complete an exam and just want to forget it ever existed:

When the class you needed filled up before your registration time:

When finals week hits you full force:

When you realize you’re just a little obsessed with the chocolate fountain:

When you finally reach the end of the semester but realize how bored you’ll be away from CNU:

Megan Bridgewater is a junior at Christopher Newport University majoring in Accounting with a minor in Leadership Studies. She's involved in Greek Life and the President's Leadership Program. In her free time, she likes taking Buzzfeed quizzes and mourning Zayn's exit from One Direction.
Lee Martin is a 20-year-old junior at Christopher Newport University majoring in Communication Studies with minors in Leadership and Women's & Gender Studies. She co-founded CNU's chapter of Her Campus and currently serves as Co-Campus Correspondent/Editor-in Chief, as well as a Chapter Advisor to five other campuses. As a journalist, she has written for The Oyster Pointer, The Winchester Star, and worked with National Student Leadership Conference's Journalism, Film & Media Arts program. When not writing, you can find her binging on chocolate and coffee while laughing at Parks and Rec or The Office. If you must read her silly musings, follow her on Twitter at @loveleeforlife