Understanding an ENFJ

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

What is an ENFJ (Extrovert, INtuitive, Feeler, Judgment)?

They’re considered “The Protagonists” due to their leadership qualities and ability to command attention when necessary. Here’s the breakdown of the great and mighty ENFJs.

ENFJs are the leaders, the guides to society, the ones who make the rules and make sure everyone is accountable for them. They’re charismatic, and believe in the power of the people. They love making change, and encouraging others to do so as well. They’re good at communicating with people, but also know how to appeal to a wide array of individuals who may think differently than your average ENFJ.

While ENJFs may be perceived as having it all together, they do not always have it together. In fact, their self-esteem is constantly fluctuating, and they have a tendency to over-idealize things to the point of disappointment. They also tend to be too selfless, and stretch themselves too far for causes they find to be worthwhile. They hold themselves to very high standards and when those standards aren’t met, they lose their inward confidence in themselves and their ability to lead.

ENFJ Compatibility:

• INFPs (Introvert, INtuitive, Feeler, Perceiving) “The Mediators”
  • INTPs (Introvert, INtuitive, Thinker, Perceiving) “The Logicians”

ENFJ Career Paths:

Complimenting career choices for ENFJs include:

• Health Educator, Counselor, Therapist, PR Manager, Reporter, Teacher, Principal, College Administrator, Business Manager, Flight Attendant, Planner, Training Manager, Actor, Director, Interior Designer, Cosmetologist, Anthropologist, Lawyer, Healthcare

ENFJs You May Know:

Historical Figures: Goethe, Joe Biden, Maya Angelou

Famous ENFJs: Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Helena Bonham Carter, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Dakota Fanning, Emma Stone, Anna Sophia Robb, Rashida Jones, Dr. Drew, Demi Lovato

Fictional ENFJs: Elizabeth Bennett, Misty from Pokemon, Daenerys Targaryen, Morpheus, Skyler White

I'm like hey, what's up, hello. I write things that either make your face look like this:    Or like this: ​   There is no in between.