Sara & Lara ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Sara and Lara Finley might just be one of the cutest pairs of twins on campus. Her Campus CNU interviewed the two girls to learn more about who they are.

Photo Credit: Derrin Nelson

Do you have any cute twin nicknames?

Lara: “In High School they called us Finwin or Twinley.”

Do you get along really well, or do you always get on each other’s nerves?

Sara & Lara:”We’re best friends, but occasionally get into an argument. Basically we’re just like normal siblings, but don’t fight as much. At points we need to get away from each other, but by the end of the night we are together again. And even when we’re fighting, we always have each other’s back.”

Do you ever wish you had gone to separate schools?

Lara: “I wanted to go to a bigger school, because in high school there really wasn’t any room for individuality. But I am glad I came to CNU!”

Sara: “It’s not just that we don’t room together, but we are in so many different classes, that it allows for people to get to know us individually, not just as twins.”

Who was born first?

Sara: “Me, by 30 seconds.”

[pagebreak]

Sara

Photo Credit: Derrin Nelson

Name: Sara Finley

Major: Psychology

Year: Freshmen

Hometown: Herndon, VA

Relationship Status: Single

Age: 18

Why did you choose CNU?

“It’s so pretty, and everyone treats everyone like a family. Classes are small enough that you can get to know your professors.”

On Campus Involvement:

“Club soccer, PLP, and possibly rushing (a sorority). I want to keep my options open. I’m trying to get acquainted with everything.”

If you could be any Disney Princess, which would you be?

“Rapunzel; she has hair goals. Even when her hair is short or long, she pulls it off.”

Who is your celebrity crush?

“Zac Efron.”

Tell us about your most embarrassing moment at CNU.

“During Welcome Week, when I was still getting to know everyone, I tripped by myself walking up the stairs.”

What’s the top thing on your bucket list?

“Skydiving, or to go to Italy.”

What was your favorite part about this summer?

“Traveling to Germany. I was able to reconnect with a family that I lived with for two weeks. Our bond grew so much this summer, that my best friend—from that family—is going to live with me next summer.”

What are you most looking forward to about freshmen year?

“Getting to know everybody: the freshmen class, and anyone else I can. I just want to make friends.”

What would your dream job be?

“An Ice Cream Taste Tester.”

Is there anything else you want people to know about you?

“I love kids, but I would rather have a dog right now. I wish I could have one in my dorm.”

[pagebreak]

Lara

Photo Credit: Derrin Nelson

Name: Lara Finley

Major: Psychology

Year: Freshmen

Hometown: Herndon, VA

Relationship Status: Single

Age: 18

Why did you choose CNU?

“When I walked on campus it really felt like home. Everyone was so friendly, and when I was touring other schools, no one asked about me or how I was, so it made my decision easy.”

On Campus Involvement:

“Club soccer, Social Work Club, and I’m going to rush (a sorority).”

Are you in PLP?

“No.”

“Ariel; there is just something about her that I love.”

Who is your celebrity crush?

“Zac Efron or Ryan Gosling— it’s just so hard to pick.”

“It’s not really embarrassing anymore, but funny. I was getting Sara a birthday present—I got her a tapestry. I got a package and I was so sure that it was Sara’s present. I was hyping it up so much to everyone. I brought it to her room for her to open, and all our friends came too. When she opened it up, it was my history textbook.”

“Go cliff diving or skydiving.”

“Traveling: getting to see family, meeting new people, and experiencing different cultures.”

What are you most looking forward to about freshman year?

“To meet a lot of new people.”

Do you have a favorite quote? If yes, what is it?

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”

What would your dream job be?

“Physical Therapist.”

Is there anything else you want people  to know about you?  

“This past year I did Top Soccer: soccer with kids who have mental disabilities. The kids genuinely wanted to learn how to play soccer, and they were all so sweet. It was great to be able to connect with them, and it was an awesome experience.”

Hey Y'all! I am a senior Business Management major at Christopher Newport University. I am obsessed with planning events, so I am going to become an Event Coordinator after graduation. I am member of CAB's Special Events team, Where is the Line, Rock Climbing Club, Colleges Against Cancer (CAC), and HER CAMPUS CNU! I am an intern for a local Wedding Planner, Shay Lynne Weddings. I have been a Tide Rider and a Navigator for CNU Orientation. I own my own in-home bakery, Sweet Tooth by Jaime. I am engaged to my High School sweetheart, Christopher. Fun facts: I love monkeys, the color blue, zebra print, and corn!
I think, I breathe, I experience, I create