This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

1. Isabelle Lightwood

A fierce warrior who loves makeup and refuses anything less than six inch heels. Not only is she physically beautiful, she’s fierce and will kill anything that stands in her way. Additionally, Isabelle is never afraid of embracing her sexuality and isn’t shy about her male partners. In the show, Isabelle has also just conquered a drug addiction. (You can find her either in Cassandra Clare’s The Mortal Instruments or Freeform’s Shadowhunters.)

2. Sara Lance

A bisexual superhero who is powerful and doesn’t take no for an answer. After her and Oliver Queen’s boat crashed, she was taken by the League of Assassins and trained to become one of them. She would later escape, but she continued to use the skills of her training to fight crime. Originally, she is the Black Canary but later becomes the White Canary. (You can find her in either CW’s Legends of Tomorrow or CW’s Arrow.)

3. Wonder Woman/Diana Prince

An Amazonian princess who fights to save the world. Wonder Woman is the first female-led superhero movie, and there’s a reason for it. Not only an amazing fighter, she also has a strong compassion for humankind and is incredibly strong. Additionally, she is also the daughter of Zeus, having been born from his forehead. (You can find her in the movie Wonder Woman.) 

4. Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff

A Russian agent that works only with her hands and guns while up against gods. Romanoff is not only incredibly skilled with both guns and hand-to-hand combat – she also suffered through abuse as she was raised by Russian spies in order to become one.  (You can find her in The Avengers franchise or any of the MCU films.) 

5. Ellen Ripley

An astronaut explorer who must fight deadly aliens or die herself. Ripley is the true hero of the Alien franchise and a large reason why it became so popular. Additionally, she was the only survivor from the attack by the aliens (or xenomorphs, as they’re referred to in the movie) which requires a certain level of amazing skills and general greatness. (You can find her in the Alien franchise.) 

6. Hermione Granger

A witch who assists her friends into fighting evil while trying to complete her education at Hogwarts. Not only does Granger consistently and effectively assist Harry Potter in defeating Voldemort, she is arguably one of the smartest people at Hogwarts. Additionally, she is never considered great for her beauty but rather for her intelligence and work ethic. (You can find her in the Harry Potter franchise.) 

7. Princess Leia/Leia Organa

The commander of the entirety of the rebellion, Organa is known for her level-headedness. She is considered one of the galaxy’s greatest heroes. Now, she is the general of the entire rebellion and praised for amazing battle strategies. She also has an affinity for the force, as her brother Luke, is a Jedi. (You can find her in the Star Wars franchise.)

Hello, my name is Isabella and I am a 22-year-old senior. I'm a psychology major and women & gender studies and writing minor. I have an intense love for cats, social justice, feminism, and fandom life [name a fandom, I'm probably in it]. I'm a huge book nerd as well as a huge just, regular, nerd. You can find me sitting in my bed typing an article, procrastinating homework, or watching YouTube.