5 Struggles of Being Back at School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Now that we’re a week into the semester and we’re all getting back into the swing of things, we’re all starting to experience the struggles that come with being back at school

1.“Syllabus week” is actually more like “syllabus 5 minutes” 

Everyone talks about syllabus week like it’s a thing, but it’s more like “here’s the syllabus, and here’s 90 pages of reading for Wednesday”.

GIF Courtesy of GIPHY

2. So Many Noises

Being back at school and living the dorm life does have some perks, like living with your best friends, but it also has some (many) downsides. For example, the elephants that stomp around above you, the super thin walls, and being able to hear every car and conversation that passes by your window. Ah, it’s good to be back.

GIF Courtesy of GIPHY

3. The Plague

Raise your hand if you already have a cold. I know I do. Every year as soon as I get back, I get a nasty cold and then I’m just mildly sick for the rest of the year. I know a lot of us experience this, so try to take care of yourself the best you can! Stay hydrated, eat your fruits and veggies, all that jazz.

GIF Courtesy of GIPHY

4. Realizing Everything You Forgot

One huge struggle I always encounter is realizing everything I left at home. This either results in calling my parents and asking them to send everything to me, or relying on my true bff, Amazon Prime.

GIF Courtesy of GIPHY

5. The WiFi

You know how it goes: you’re all happy with your nice and speedy WiFi from home and then you come back to school and it takes an hour to download something that should take 5 minutes, or the WiFi goes out when you’re in the middle of doing something important, like watching Netflix.

GIF Courtesy of GIPHY

But even with all of this, we’re all still (mostly) happy to be back. Have a great semester, Captains!

I'm a junior at CNU majoring in communication studies and minoring in psychology. I spend most of my time in the library or binge-watching somethng on netflix. I enjoy the outdoors, a good cup of coffee, taking care of animals and the environment, and writing articles about topics that matter to me. Enjoy!