How to do some smart Holiday Shopping

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

DIY

The Internet is a very resourceful place. From YouTube tutorials to Pinterest boards, many platforms offer creative ideas for everyday people to create the most thoughtful yet inexpensive gifts for their friends and family. If you are creative and want to put a personal touch to your gifts, avoid malls altogether and put together the gift yourself.

Ebates

Ebates is an online platform that finds coupons and offer cash back at over 2000 stores online. This is not a joke. I have personally cashed checks from Ebates. I am an advocate for shopping online and every time before I click checkout, I turn on Ebates and I instantly receive cash back from that shopping trip online. Shopping online has never been so good!

Black Friday

A special day of the year that lets you buy extremely discounted goods while fighting for your life, the day after Thanksgiving, aka Black Friday, is a holiday saver’s best friend. From door buster deals that start as early as Tuesday of Thanksgiving week, consumers will find deals after deals after deals for anything and everything on the market. Take advantage of this day to find some awesome deals for your holiday gifts!

Cyber Monday

After a tiring day struggling though the crowded malls and long lines on Black Friday, you can sit back and relax at home to continue holiday shopping online the Monday after. Though the sales are not as great as black Friday, you can still catch great deals at the comfort of your home. Take advantage of this opportunity if you did not have a chance to catch Black Friday.