Fun Things to do in the Fall for Pittsburgh College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Go to Soergel’s Farm and Orchard

Soergel’s fall festival is every through September 24-25 through October 29-30. Satisfy your fall activities bucket list, so pick some apples and get your pumpkins, but do not forget to try their apple cider donuts and chocolate milk. I promise you will not regret it.

Phantom Fright Nights at Kennywood Park

If you are a fan of all things spooky, go to Kennywood during Fright Night. Fright Nights are every Friday and Saturday from September 30th through October 29th, plus October 9th and 30th. Go for the rides, haunted houses, or the Potato Patch because who doesn’t love a good reason to order those cheddar and bacon fries.

The Kiss 96.1 Halloween Party

This huge party hosted by Mikey and Big Bob takes place at stage AE and is October 28th at 8pm. Go listen to Jojo and Flo Rida, but do not forget your costume.

Fort Ligonier Days

If you have a car, go to Fort Ligonier and planning spending the entire day there. The activities take place October 14th-16th and include a  war reenactment, craft festival, live music and plenty of good food. Pro Tip: Credit and Debit cards are not accepted here, so plan on carrying cash to eat all of the amazing food.

Plan A Movie Night with Friends

Some of the best October nights can be spent in front of the TV with your PSL or warm apple cider watching great Halloween movies. Remember that Disney brings back all of its great Halloween movies in October like Halloweentown and Twitches. I recommend Hocus Pocus, The Addams Family, and Sleepy Hollow.

Lauren Kelly is a freshman at Carnegie Mellon University with the plan of studying creative and professional writing. In tenth grade, Lauren published her first novel through the Young Writer's Program in her creative writing class. As a senior in high school, Lauren was a staff writer on her school's newspaper.