Features

• Top 5 Try Guys Videos from Buzzfeed

If you’re well-versed in the world of YouTube, you’ve probably come across the Try Guys videos, a group of four friends from Buzzfeed that...

• Unusual Magic

I have always loved magic. While casting spells through magic wands can be fun, there’s something interesting about less obvious magic...

• Moonlight and the Oscars Blunder

"Moonlight," created by director Barry Jenkins, was never meant to be the hugely successful movie that it is today. In fact, Jenkins told...

• Practicing Community

We all hope to find a community in college—a place where we belong—because we’re among students with similar values. At last! Emancipated...

• CMU's Strengths and Weaknesses

Since the Fat Letters recently went out to the incoming class of 2021, I thought I would share some of what I think are CMU’s strengths and...

• Spring into Pittsburgh

I may be biased as a Pittsburgh native, but I don’t think CMU students realize how great of a city Pittsburgh really is. Spring is a great...

• Ed Sheeran's ÷

This Friday at 12 A.M., Ed Sheeran’s newest album “÷” dropped on Spotify. This is his first album since 2014, so I was pretty hyped for...

• Breaking out of “The Bubble”

As a CMU student, it’s been all too easy to let the stress get to me. Deadlines, group projects, extracurricular, essays took over my life...

• Five Adorably Small Tattoo Ideas

If you're a minimalist looking for new ink to express yourself, here are five different designs that are sure to make you smile. 1. Star A...

• A Look Back at TartanHacks

Last weekend, I participated in TartanHacks 2017 and all in all, it was a great experience. For one, it was the first hackathon I’ve been...

• How to Stay Healthy at CMU

Being fit and being healthy are two completely separate concepts. Some people make the choice to lead fit lives, and not everyone chooses...

• Perspective is a Beautiful Thing

In light of election day’s events, I would like to share my story for why I will always vote with an open mind and heart. My story starts...

• Coffee is Your New Best Friend

Coffee may taste like heaven in a Starbucks drink and get you through the hellish week of finals, but what good is it to your health? Makes...