Campus Celebrity: Nandini Ramakrishnan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

If you see this lively, bubbly face around campus then you know you’ve seen Nandini Ramakrishnan. Nandini is from Bombay, India and is a senior in Electrical Computer Engineering. In addition to all her coursework for ECE, she is working on research for her Professor that measures road surface quality with smartphones.

She’s been an active figure on numerous campus organizations like Senate, Academic Affairs Committee, and Buggy over the past few years, currently serving as the President of Mayur, CMU’s South Asian Student Association. As the President of Mayur, Nandini is often seen running around helping organize events such as Diwali-Eid Gala, the upcoming Bhangra in the Burgh (BIB 9), and the upcoming Deewane Formal for Deewane’s first album. She’s worked hard on Mayur to ensure that all freshmen feel involved in the planning as well as the campus events.

With all this work on her plate, Nandini likes to de-stress with music and she enjoys singing in her free time. Not to mention she’s a movie buff -she highly recommends the Three Flavours Cornetto Trology- she says it’s hilarious and her favorite movies of all time. She also enjoys cooking (she suggests checking out the Thug Kitchen blog) and keeping up with cricket.

Despite uprooting herself from her hometown of Bombay into CMU, Nandini has managed to find ways to get involved and make herself at home. You’ll probably see her around for a few more years, as she plans to complete her IMB (Integrated Masters and Bachelor’s) in ECE Integration. 

I am currently senior majoring in Business Administration and Statistics with a track in Finance at Carnegie Mellon University. Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Enid Blyton and J.K Rowling are a few of my favorite authors. I also love watching British TV shows (Sherlock is my favorite!). On campus, I am involved in several activities, including Carnegie Mellon Business Association and Smart Woman Securities.