Campus Celebrity: Lily Daigle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Campus Celebrity: Lily Daigle

Lily Daigle is currently a senior studying decision science. Her upbeat personality and kindness extend not only to friends and those close to her, but also to the community as she has devoted a great part of her time to helping others. On campus she is co-director of Camp Kesem, junior Honor Board member and Director of Rituals for Delta Gamma, President of Rho Lambda, member of Order of Omega and 5-Hour Energy Marketing Intern.

Camp Kesem, one of the causes closest to her heart, is a national non-profit that empowers student leaders to create free, week-long summer camps for kids affected by a parent’s cancer. Lily founded the CMU chapter as a sophomore and they held their first camp this past August at a campsite in Ohio. By far her proudest achievement, for Lily there is something indescribable about giving campers the chance to just be kids again for the week. “But really we get so much more back from them; they are so strong, and inspire me daily to try to be the person they think I am. I can’t wait to see how things grow this year, as we are already working to plan an even better week for them!”, she said trying to put the experience into words.

During her free time Lily loves spending time with her sisters and just relax with Netflix – she is currently binge-watching Parks and Rec as she eagerly awaits the Gilmore Girls revival. Lily also does ballet and likes to listen to country music. And she goes to Target. A lot.

After CMU, the plan for Lily is to work in a non-profit and ideally she would like to be involved in one of the organizations that has given her so much. Childhood bereavement is a cause that’s very important to her, which would put a smile on her face and motivate her to go to work every day, knowing it meant changing lives for the better. With a positive outlook on the future, uncertain as it may be, the thing Lily is most adamant in finding is a strong sense of purpose in whatever she does.

I am currently senior majoring in Business Administration and Statistics with a track in Finance at Carnegie Mellon University. Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Enid Blyton and J.K Rowling are a few of my favorite authors. I also love watching British TV shows (Sherlock is my favorite!). On campus, I am involved in several activities, including Carnegie Mellon Business Association and Smart Woman Securities.