Campus Celebrity: Anoushka Saxena

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

She might seem quiet when you first meet her, but freshman Anoushka Saxena is anything but that. The more you talk to her, the more you see the active, intelligent, and hilarious side of her. As a physics major, Anoushka faces her own share of work, but she’s also found time to be a physics mentor and tutor an 8th grade girl on her science fair project.

Anoushka is also a Kathak dancer, an Indian classical dance, and she’s now part of the Tanah dance team on campus. Even though the dance style is totally different from Kathak, she enjoys dance regardless of what style it is. She’s also an active member on the Mayur SASA executive board, and can almost always be seen tabling for events like Bhangra in the Burgh or the Deewane album release party. Keep an eye out for her flitting about during the upcoming Mayur Show next semester.

In her free time, Anoushka can be seen scouring through baking blogs and coming up with new ideas for her next baking adventures during breaks. She enjoys reading in her off time and loves watching shows such as The Mindy Project, Big Bang Theory, or New Girl.  

If you see this lovely student around campus, make sure to say hi- I promise you it’ll be worth it.  

I am currently senior majoring in Business Administration and Statistics with a track in Finance at Carnegie Mellon University. Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Enid Blyton and J.K Rowling are a few of my favorite authors. I also love watching British TV shows (Sherlock is my favorite!). On campus, I am involved in several activities, including Carnegie Mellon Business Association and Smart Woman Securities.