Anthony Westren, ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Major: Chemistry
Year: Sophomore
Relationship Status: Single
Hobbies: Listening to music, learning to play the guitar, playing sports, watching movies
Activities at CMU: Varsity Football, FCA, MAPS, Intramural Basketball
Favorite College Memory: Carnival
Favorite Food: Fettuccini alfredo
Random Fact: If I could live on a beach forever, I would
Qualities in a Girl: A great personality. She has to be fun, outgoing, and like to have a good time. Also, blue eyes don’t hurt
Post-Graduation Goal: Medical school

Lauren Mobertz studies Professional Writing and Hispanic Studies at Carnegie Mellon University, and will graduate in May 2012. To fuel her interest in urban studies, Lauren interned at Oakland Planning and Development Corporation in fall 2010. Since she received her passport, Lauren has not spent more than 7 consecutive months in the US. She spent spring 2011 in Santiago, Chile, translating documents for Educación 2020 and practicing her salsa; summer 2010 in Durban, South Africa, studying the social and economic impacts of the FIFA World Cup and volunteering for WhizzKids United; and spring break 2010 hosting art workshops in Siuna, Nicaragua. Somehow, she always manages to keep up with How I Met Your Mother and a little bit of running, no matter what city she's based in. Lauren hopes to settle down in the East Coast and enter education administration.