20 Reasons We’re Thrilled To Be Back!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Bummed summer is over? The sunshine, popsicles and watermelon can’t last forever—this is Pittsburgh after all. But hey, let’s turn that frown upside down shall we? After polling bunches of students, here are the reasons you should be thrilled that the humidity is dwindling and classes are resuming:

-“My friends will be back in my time zone! And now living in the same house as me.”

-“I have had a taste of the real world this summer, I’m no longer interested.”

-“Half price, and other cheap food. New York City left me broke.”

-“I’m not going to lie, I miss the bagpipes…”

-“The week of Orientation is the best!”

-“I’m excited to be around awesome professors again.”

-“All of the BBQs in the beginning of the year are amazing.”

-“Razzy Fresh?”

-“I can’t wait to get back to taking classes, as corny as that may be.”

-“I missed house parties all summer!”

-“I miss all of the conveniences of school: living close by, having an on campus job, and not having to travel far to go out”

-“Summer has gotten a bit boring, to be honest”

-“Gingers!”

-“Awesome Museums like the Andy Warhol.”

-“I miss my entire group of friends—they’re like my family.”

-“I’m back to the Steeler nation”

-“I’m excited to see all of my friends again”

-“I’ve missed WPT, Wine Night and PHI. They may not be glamorous but I love ‘em”

-“I’m excited to get back to campus and live on my own—not with my parents”
-“I miss my meal plan. You never realize you the beauty of those things until you’re starving and have no food to make.”

Julianne Grauel is a sophomore Professional Writing major at Carnegie Mellon University and is originally from the California Bay Area. At Carnegie Mellon she is a peer tutor for writing and an active sister in her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. This past summer, she interned at Gentry Magazine and hopes to work for a magazine after college. Julianne loves football, sushi, sunshine, and dance parties. She probably consumes far too much Red Mango froyo and can’t get enough of Project Runway. In her free time she likes to travel, watch sports center, take spinning classes and, most of all, shop.