Tips and Tricks for Getting the Most Out of Your Disney World Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Going to Disney World over Spring Break? Awesome! Here’s some tips and tricks!

Let me just say, if you’re going to Disney over spring break, I’m severely jealous. As a hard-core Disney Fan, I go to Disney at least once a year. It’s safe to say that I’ve become a Disney Pro. Here’s what I’ve learned!

1) Pack Smart

I highly recommend taking a backpack with you when you spend the day in the parks. In your bag you should always have sunscreen! Some lines don’t have awnings and the Florida sun can be brutal! Also, bring a poncho or an umbrella; Florida weather is so unpredictable and I’ve been caught in the rain more times than I can count. You should also pack small snacks: chips, breakfast bars, and WATER!! You don’t want to pay $5 for a soda or water.

2) Download the My Disney Experience App

The My Disney Experience App is essential to have at Disney. It shows you wait times for every ride, where Disney characters are, and allows you to view all you fast passes and reservations. This app also allows you to view all the photos the professional Disney photographer takes! If you want your whole Disney vacation in one place, download this app.

Another app I recommend are gaming apps like the HeadsUp! app. Lines are long no matter what, so bring some entertainment!

3) TAKE BREAKS!!!

Disney will wear you out. In my family, we refer to a day in Disney as “the Disney Death March.” And it truly is. Don’t be ashamed to take a break in the middle of the day! Go back to your hotel and take a nap or go visit one of the hundreds of pools Disney offers. Disney is, after all, a vacation! So relax!

4) Characters are for All Ages

Yes, Disney has some great rides. But what makes Disney really great are the characters. Every single character has been extensively trained to portray their character to perfection. My favorite thing to do is ask the characters questions that will make them think! For example:

Ask Elsa if Marshmallow still has her tiara.

Ask Alice how many impossible things she has done today.

Tell Ariel she was lucky Ursula didn’t give her goat legs! Ariel didn’t specifically ask for human legs!

If you want more questions, click here!

5) Splurge on Good Dinners

Yes, I know Disney food is super expensive. I don’t recommend eating breakfast or lunch every single day in the park. It’s just not worth the money. But I HIGHLY recommend eating dinners in the park. Dinner food at Disney is amazing and the atmosphere is always high energy. If you have a larger budget, or you’re just a foodie, here’s the best places to eat:

The Brown Derby (Hollywood Studios)

Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge)

California Grill (Contemporary Resort)

If you want an amazing dinner experience that’s more interactive, here’s where I recommend:

Cinderella Castle character dinner (Magic Kingdom)

Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner show (Disney Polynesian Village)

Whispering Canyon Café (Disney’s Wilderness Lodge)

And those are my best tips! Have fun in the most magical place on Earth!

**Photo Credits: Unnamed Disney Photographer

Devon Smith

Clemson '21

Psychology Major; Communication Minor; Cat Lover; Makeup Obsessed; Disney College Program Cast Memebr 
Hannah Fanset

Clemson '21

Hi, Everyone! I'm Hannah Fanset. I'm a sophomore from Rochester, NY, and I'm majoring in psychology and management. My favorite things are books, movies, traveling, eating good food and laughing way too loud.