Thank You Caitlin Barkley!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

As some of you may know, recently Caitlin Barkley passed on the Campus Correspondent position to myself. Before this I hadn’t known her that well, with my only exposures to her bright personality being at meetings and survival kit pickups. However, during this transition period, I had the pleasure of spending more time with her, which led me to realize our similarities. We’re both very organized to the point where we once ended up pulling out and comparing planners one day and exchanging tips. Also, we both have very expressive faces, so much so that our family and friends frequently enjoy just watching our reactions to things.  Though I’ve only known you a short time Caitlin, I’d just like to say thank you for your dedication to Her Campus, your helpful advice, and your optimism. Below I have also included the words of your executive team, who can arguably express their gratitude much more adequately than I can.  Here’s what they had to say:

“It has been the privilege of my four years here at Clemson to work with Caitlin! From the moment I first met her she was dedicated to Her Campus like no one I’ve ever seen. Her dedication even caused me to want to be more dedicated and put more effort into the work I was doing for Her Campus. When she because the Editor-in-Chief for our chapter I was so excited because I knew that Her Campus would be in great hands. Working beside her on the Executive Board has been such an honor because she takes pride in everything she does and, because she gave so much effort, she expected the same in return. I’m so proud of her and excited for the success she is having and the new adventure she is embarking on to make another organization just at great as she made Her Campus! I feel relieved to know that when I graduate in May, the legacy that we all built for Her Campus Clemson will live on and it couldn’t have gotten this far without Caitlin!”

– PR & Marketing Director: Shay Johnson, Senior

“Caitlin, to me, is superwoman. She has this ability to complete any task that comes her way, yet still not diminishing the quality on any of them. Better yet, she does them all with a smile on her face. She makes everyone feel so welcome and her passion for the organization shines through in each meeting. I have been so fortunate to work alongside her, and can say unequivocally that I have learned a lot.”

– Social Media Director: Meredith Jones, Sophomore

“Since starting with Her Campus, I had always loved what it represents, but I didn’t necessarily see myself taking an exec position. However, when Caitlin had sent out applications, I decided to apply. I had known her through our sorority and I was inspired by the work she had done with HC Clemson. During my interview, I walked in with an open mind and I ended up having a thousand ideas when I began brainstorming with Caitlin. Her enthusiasm and positivity always leaves you feeling like you can do anything and inspires you to come up with your best ideas. While I’m so proud of what she’s achieved so far, and what she’s destined to achieve, I will miss her creative touch on the Her Campus team.”

– Events Director: Rachel Andrews, Senior

“When I joined Her Campus Clemson my freshman year with Caitlin, I never knew how much she would impact our Her Campus Clemson chapter or our sorority. Her Campus Clemson has gone from being an under-the-radar writing outlet, to being in the top 20% of all chapters in the nation. Being her Senior Editor has been such a privilege and we’re going to miss her so much. Caitlin can’t be involved with anything by halves, she has to put her whole heart into it. That is why I have so much respect for her by taking up the position of our sorority Chapter President. Her Campus Clemson will never be able to replace you and everything that you’ve done for us. You put your heart and soul into our chapter and it shows. We love you Caitlin and can’t wait to see what organization you kick butt at next!

-Senior Editor: Lindsey Blustein, Junior

Hannah Fanset

Clemson '21

Hi, Everyone! I'm Hannah Fanset. I'm a sophomore from Rochester, NY, and I'm majoring in psychology and management. My favorite things are books, movies, traveling, eating good food and laughing way too loud.