Reasons to Join Her Campus Clemson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

With the start of the new semester, it might be time to start something new! If you have ever been interested in joining a national, online publication devoted to college women, you have come to the write place! Need more reasons? How about we have Miss Elle Woods tell you herself…

1. Creative Outlet

Her Campus Clemson provides a creative outlet for many collegietes here at Clemson. Our team spans several different majors from biology and graphic communications to English and engineering. However, we are all united in our love for writing and our love for Clemson. By writing for Her Campus, we give ourselves a break from typical academic work each week to tap into another part of ourselves. Because we can pick our article topics, we can

2. Experience

When you join our team and submit your first article, you become a published writer! You get to start building your resume. The more articles you submit, the more your profile builds. Potential internships or jobs can look up your articles on HerCampus.com and instantly know more about you and your writing skills. And because Her Campus is a national brand, people can recognize it throughout the country. It can open many professional doors for you.

3. Network

When you begin to write for Her Campus, you automatically join a team of writers both on Clemson’s campus and on campuses throughout the country. Universities across the country host active chapters. What could be better than being part of a wide network built to empower women?

4. Campus Involvement

Her Campus Clemson is a registered, student organization on campus. This means we are able to hold events and promotions on campus. Not only do you join a professional organization but you also join a student organization. We host meetings, social get-togethers, and more throughout the year! You also get to write about everything going on around campus. It’s a great way to get involved and tap into the university.

5. The People

Our team is a diverse group of women who come from different backgrounds with their own stories. However, we are all united in our desire to share our stories, experiences, and love of Clemson with the community. We empower and celebrate each other. Her Campus was founded by three Harvard women in 2009. From the start, Her Campus devoted itself to building up women, women who aren’t afraid of challenges. 

Apply Now!!! Link: https://goo.gl/forms/zyVIxVnWygX2IIWB2 

If you have any questions, feel free to email clemson@hercampus.com. We can’t wait to hear from you :)

Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19