This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

If any of you are country music lovers, and sometimes question your worth, then Danielle Bradbery’s song “Worth It” is the perfect song to listen to. Being a girl is hard, especially when you’re constantly trying to impress everyone around you, most importantly guys. I was listening to the radio cruising down the road the other day, and I heard this song come on the radio. I’ve never heard this song before, but it immediately spoke to me. The lyrics in this song explained to me exactly how a girl should be treated, and how you as girl should see your own worth regardless if others don’t see it.

In the first verse of the song, Danielle says “A real man knows what he’s signing up for and if you don’t then I’ll show myself the door.” This should inspire women to NEVER stay in a relationship where you aren’t appreciated. Every woman brings something special to the table, and if the guy you’re with doesn’t appreciate what he “signed up for” then he doesn’t deserve you at all. It doesn’t take long for a girl to realize whether the relationship is flowing or not. And once you realize it’s not, get out of there because you deserve a “real man,” not a boy.

I love the chorus of this song because Danielle is showing all women that you should know you’re worth it. She is calling this boy crazy because he doesn’t see the worth in her that she sees in herself. She and all women DESERVE the perfect man that sees your worth. Choose to always love yourself because you’re worth it.

A man that pays attention to what you say and notices what you’re interested in is the perfect man for you. The boy that “puts you on his shelf” doesn’t care about you the way you should be cared for. The second verse of this song is really important because you shouldn’t just be an old trophy he puts on the shelf and forgets. You should be constantly reminded of how his life wouldn’t be worth living without you in it. A “real man” would never forget how precious you are, and you should never forget that either. It is okay to be a little conceded when it comes to loving yourself because if you see how great you are, others will too.

It isn’t hard to please someone when you really truly enjoy doing it. Find a man that enjoys your presence, never stops listening to you, and always appreciates your worth. If he loves you with all his heart, everything he does for you and with you should be effortless. If you are questioning whether he enjoys doing things for you, then you should also be questioning whether he’s worth your time.

Ladies, I know in the world today that it’s really hard to find your perfect match. Sometimes women find it easily and that’s awesome, but sometimes it takes a while. Don’t get frustrated because you’re doing yourself a favor when you leave that boy who doesn’t appreciate you. Staying with him just because you’re scared you won’t find anyone else is no excuse. You deserve the man of your dreams. Keep searching until you find him because believe it or not, he’s out there searching for you too.

“Worth It” Lyrics

Don’t tell me I’m too hard to please

That you’re worn down from fighting for me

A real man knows what he’s signing up for

And if you don’t then I’ll show myself the door

‘Cause I’m worth it

You’re crazy baby if you think that I don’t know it

I ain’t afraid to walk away if you can’t see it, believe it

And give me the love I’m deserving

‘Cause I know I’m worth it

Is it too much to look me in the eye

And listen to what I’m saying this time I’m so tired of being up on your shelf

And if that’s what you want

You want somebody else

‘Cause I’m worth it

And give me the love I’m deserving

‘Cause I know I’m worth it

‘Cause I know I’m worth it, worth it

Don’t tell me I’m too hard to please

You should be begging down on your knees

‘Cause I’m worth it

You’re crazy baby if you think that I don’t know it I ain’t afraid to walk away if you can’t see it, believe it

And give me the love I’m deserving

‘Cause I know I’m worth it

Worth It – Danielle Bradbery Music Video

I am a sophomore at Clemson University, and I am involved in Her Campus Clemson, Greek life (Alpha Phi), and I am a part of the Clemson Love Your Melon team. I love writing and sharing my ideas with others, hopefully to inspire them to also share their ideas. 
Hannah Fanset

Clemson '21

Hi, Everyone! I'm Hannah Fanset. I'm a sophomore from Rochester, NY, and I'm majoring in psychology and management. My favorite things are books, movies, traveling, eating good food and laughing way too loud.