sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Get A Guy in 7 Tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.
So I have been doing some reading in the relationship department! Though I have been dating for quite sometime, I found myself to be completely in the dark when it comes to dating do’s and don’ts! Here are 7 important relationship tips that I took note on:

1. Control your emotions in front of men! 

Pretty much every man knows how emotional us gals can get. Some men may even use our emotions to get what they want out of us! What dogs! Make sure to maintain control over your reactions. You don’t want him to think he is the ruler of your emotions! 

2. Guilt Flip!

Don’t ever let a guy make you feel guilty! This is his way of pressuring you into doing things he wants you to do! If you cave-in to doing what he wants you to do, he will feel in control of you! When he tries to make you feel guilty, reverse the blame onto him. Be appalled at his behavior! He will eventually learn that you cannot be guilted into doing things and will gain respect for you. 

3. Embrace your femininity

Don’t try to be like “one of the guys” unless you want to be treated like one of the guys. Sure guys drool over a laid back girl, but a feminine one. Take care of yourself! Tend to your feet, soften up your skin, make sure to always smell good, and take care of your body! Guys like girls for a reason; they like femininity. 

4. Keep all history a secret

Next time you want to make him feel jealous by talking about an ex, don’t! This will not only make him jealous, it will push him away. Guys hate to imagine you with another guy; just as you would him with another girl. This is a total turnoff. 

5. Stop the pursue, let men come to you

If a man is interested, nothing will get in the way of him pursuing you. This is not the same as flirting! Flirt away! But do not ask him out/ask for his phone number/ask what he’s doing later. If he doesn’t take the first move, he’s just not that into you! 

6. Confidence is key

Us girls know first hand how sexy confidence is. He feels the same way! If you act unconfident, he may either try to take advantage of you or be turned off. If any of you are like me, confidence can be a real issue. Fake it ‘til you make it! Which leads me to…

7. Never put yourself down in front of him

He didn’t notice you had a big forehead, until you told him! You are actively pushing him away from you and giving him reasons not to date you with each self-insult. You may completely disagree with his compliments, but you better not show it! This goes back to being confident. He wants to be with someone whose personality is radiant! The only thing worth sharing is the good; we cannot change the bad. Accept your flaws and move on! 

Basically, just be your complete self, proud of who you are and what you have to offer! If a man does not appreciate this, he is not the right man!

Clemson University Senior studying Psychology! I also work at the Early Autism Project and have two pet bunnies.
Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!