DIY Coconut Lemon Sugar Facial Scrub

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

So, all of us ladies know that facial cleansers and scrubs can be crazy expensive depending on what store you go to and what brand you prefer. Well, more and more women are turning to DIY facial scrubs and cleansers in order to save money and still have beautiful, refreshing skin. You can literally find these ingredients in your home!

This recipe for a Coconut Lemon Sugar scrub is great for exfoliating and cleaning your face with all natural ingredients. The lemon acts as a natural cleanser along with having vitamins and nutrients that promote glowing skin. The coconut acts as a moisturizer and anti-bacterial agent to keep your pores free of nasty germs and the sugar exfoliates the skin while removing all dirt and dead skin.

What you’ll need:

1. Coconut Oil (Virgin is better because of a lack of harsh chemicals)

2. 100% Lemon Juice (Nothing artificial. Again, NO CHEMICALS)

3. Sugar

Step 1

Melt down the coconut oil by putting it in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds and combine it with the lemon juice and sugar.

Step 2

Stir the mixture well to make sure the ingredients combine well and then apply to your face using circular motions with your fingers.

Step 3

Leave on for a few minutes after massaging the mixture really well.

Step 4

Rinse your face with warm water

Voila! Your face should feel clean, refreshed and moisturized!

I am the type of person that will laugh in the middle of a silent room because of something that happened days ago!
Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19