Central Spirit President Dalton Mills

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Dalton is the president of Central Spirit, one of the largest organizations on campus. He is a junior Economics major from Charleston, SC.

1. What is your favorite part about being in Central Spirit?

My favorite part of Central Spirit is the members. They are the most passionate and excited people you will ever meet. I love going to games and being able to get extremely excited and have fifty other people there just as excited as I am. 

2. What is your favorite thing about Clemson?
My favorite thing about Clemson is the atmosphere. Whenever there is some big event, a majority of campus comes out and has a great time. There is still room for improvement. My hope is that the atmosphere will be even greater when everyone can feel comfortable and affirmed in their identities. Then Clemson will be an even more special place. 

3. What do you do as Central Spirit’s president?
As president I am tasked with making sure all of the operations go smoothly. Central Spirit has 10 directors and 3 other executive members. My job is to ensure everything gets done and the organization is healthy. I also make a point to try and know all of the 240 members so that I know they are getting the full experience. 

4. What has been your most memorable sporting event as a student?
Easily my most unforgettable sporting event as a student was the Georgia game in 2013. I was on the field and it was the home opener and we started with a great win!

5. What is your favorite Clemson tradition?
My favorite Clemson tradition is Homecoming because it is such an exciting week and Central Spirit plays such a large role in ensuring everything is great. 

Photo Credits:

Photo with flag provided by Dalton
Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!