The Best Parts of Having a Warm Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

1. You don’t have to turn on the heat every day

Saving money is always great! Turn that A/C unit off for awhile and just enjoy the temperature that this warm winter is bringing us, and reap the benefits with it.

2. You can rock the shorts and long-sleeve tee combo

This is my personal favorite – I love having my arms cozy while my legs enjoy the breeze. And now, I can do it in February!

3. You can enjoy both hot and cold foods

I am a girl who loves some soup. It’s just cool enough that I can eat it and not get overheated, and at the same time I can enjoy a bowl of ice cream on my couch without feeling like I’m in the Arctic tundra.

4. You can sleep with the windows open and not freeze to death

I love falling asleep with a cool breeze. Normally in the middle of winter this is impossible, but in this mid-temperature winter it’s perfect to crack a window and fall asleep curled up in my blankets.

5. You don’t have to feel like a marshmallow in puffy jackets

I own exactly one heavy winter coat, and I look like a burnt marshmallow in it. Is it warm? Yes. Is it fashionable? Negatory, ghost rider. I much prefer my lighter jackets and cardigans that I’m able to wear at the moment.

My name is Carly McRae and I'm a junior at Clemson University. I'm studying Secondary Education with an emphasis in English and am in denial that I'm more than halfway done with school. I'm a member of TakeNote, our female a cappella group, Clemson University Singers, as well as the Beta Kappa chapter of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. I love being a Clemson tiger and am so excited to be writing for Her Campus!
Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19