This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Although it is the year 2017, Netflix has not come up with a shuffle button. This is a travesty to all users who, like myself, find that they end up watching the same shows over and over after unsuccessfully browsing potential new shows to binge. So for all those spring breakers that will be spending a lot of time streaming, check out these tips for spicing up your watching.

1. Start watching your shows thematically. Seriously life-changing. Here are a couple ideas:

• One Tree Hill: Watch all of the Derek episodes back-to-back
  • How I Met Your Mother: Watch the Robin Sparkles episodes back-to-back

2.     Close your eyes and randomly pick a season and episode if you’re still down to watch the same show you always end up watching anyways

3.     Watch something in a different genre than you normally watch so your recommendations will shift

4.     Take advantage of Google Chrome plugins that can help you choose a new show or movie. You can add Rotten Tomatoes ratings or even use Netflix Randomizer that will play a random show or movie based on the answers to some parameters

5.     If you are traveling, be sure to use Netflix’s newish feature where you can download episodes and movies and access them without a WiFi connection or using data

6.     If you still can’t find something that you want, you can actually request TV shows or movies to be added to Netflix here!

7.     If your binge watching takes up a new level, check out the Google Chrome Extension Flix Assist so that you can watch in peace without being asked if you’re still watching

Use these tips to take your Netflix life to the next level and get out of your streaming rut!

Rebekah Griggs is a senior at Clemson University completing a degree in Production Studies in Performing Arts with a concentration in Audio Technology and a minor in Business Administration. In addition to serving as a Her Campus writer, she is also a member of TigerPaw Productions, CMA EDU, Grammy U, and is an ambassador for the College of Architecture, Arts, and Humanities. In her free time she loves watching Netflix documentaries, predicting award shows, debating pop culture, and collecting vinyl records.
Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19