4 Things Her Campus Clemson Is Thankful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Her Campus Clemson wishes you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Netflix

Who doesn’t love to catch up on their Netflix shows over Thanksgiving break? Her Campus Clemson is obsessed with Stranger Things – the perfect mystery to entrap your mind. Amor G., a freshman at Clemson, says describes it as “literally one of the best shows.” So, thank you Netflix!

Romantic Relationships

Emily B., a freshman at Clemson, describes her boyfriend when she says “He has become my best friend over the past year, and our dog brings me so much joy, too. We can have fun together whether we are watching Netflix on the couch all day or going out of town to hike or explore. I’m so thankful to have a man by my side who would spend his last dollar on me – and often does – just to see me smile! I love having a partner who supports me and helps me grow, just as I support and help him in his pursuits.”

We are lucky to have that one person who completely understands us and brings us a combination of love, trust, and happiness. This thanksgiving, make sure you thanks that person!

Family & Friends

Perhaps one of the most important cornerstones of this holiday, our family and friends make Thanksgiving special. But what makes these people so wonderful?

“This year I found out someone close to my family was diagnosed with brain cancer. There are never enough words to express how thankful I am for my own health, as well as my family’s, and the friends who support me everyday.” – Lindsey B., a junior at Clemson

“They support me when I don’t have faith in myself.” – Taylor A., a senior at Clemson

“They’ve always super supportive and fun to be around! I’ve made some close bonds this semester that I can’t imagine life without!” – Juliana B., a junior at Clemson

“because they make me a better, happier person.” – Hannah F., a freshman at Clemson

Clemson

Our list wouldn’t be complete without our beloved Clemson University. When we received our acceptance letter, this university earned a permanent spot on our lists of thanks.

Caroline Clark, a Clemson junior says, “I’m the first out of my siblings, I’m thankful that my parents can help me pay for it and that I get a degree from a top 25 school.”

“All the people I’ve met since I’ve been at Clemson – my friends, classmates, roommates – have made my experience here so much more fulfilling. They support me through everything, push to me reach my goals, and make sure I stay smiling through it all. I couldn’t do it without them!” – Mansi J., a Clemson junior.

Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19