10 Things Only People With Social Anxiety Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

1. You sweat constantly when interacting with others

2. Talking on the phone is painfully awkward

3. Bailing on people last minute because you just aren’t emotionally capable

4. Mentally preparing yourself for all conversations and calculating the probability that they will go wrong

5. Giving speeches in class always starts with panic attacks and ends with tears

6. Talking to a stranger at a parties is a definite no

7. You don’t know how to greet people in public, so you just hit them with a soft smile

8. Then you have a mental breakdown debating if that person even remembers/likes you

9. You constantly replay every awkward encounter you had during the day in your mind

10. You have to recover after spending time with others

Hi, I'm Abigail Wetzel, a Sophomore from Greenville, SC. I am majoring in Environmental and Natural Resources and I love nature, books, coffee, and ice cream!
Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19