Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Treat Yo’Self With Your Student Discount

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

It’s halfway through the semester, a Friday night, and you and your roomie are treating yourselves… to some online shopping, or dinner and dessert, or a much needed drink. That is, until you remember to check your balance at the ATM. Being a college student is not cheap. Between the annual tuition bill, groceries, your online shopping addiction, and the fun nights out your bank account can drain faster than you can imagine. Luckily there are tons of stores and restaurants that sympathize and are willing to offer us college students a break with student discounts. Follow our guide to student discounts next time you want to treat yo’ self without breaking the bank!

Retail and Apparel

• Alex and Ani: Students get 10% off in-store purchases with a valid student ID.
  • J. Crew: 15% off at J. Crew (and J. Crew Factory!) means you can afford this brand favorite.
  • TOMS: Students can get 10% cash back on these cute and comfy shoes – and for every pair you buy a new pair will be given to a child in need. What Clarkie can’t get behind that cause?
  • Banana Republic: 15% off at Banana Republic will help collegiettes dress sharp for internships and interviews!
  • Vineyard Vines: Flash your student ID to get 15% off of your summer faves!

Study Supplies

• Amazon: Help share the Amazon love – refer a friend and get a $10 credit. Even better, students can get a free six-month trial of Amazon Prime with a student email.
  • The New York Times: How many of your professors have asked you to read The Times? If it’s as many as mine have, then you’ll be happy to know that students can get a free four-week subscription, and after that can enjoy a discounted rate of just $1 a week.

Food!

• Buffalo Wild Wings: Get 10% off at select locations.
  • Burger King: Score 10% at select locations.
  • Chipotle: Get a free soft drink when you purchase a meal.
  • Arby’s: 10% off at select locations.
  • Dairy Queen: Most DQ’s give students 10% with a student ID.

Don’t be afraid to wave your ID in the air and ask if your favorite store has a student discount while you can still take advantage of it!

Haley is a student at Clark University studying Management with plans to pursue an MBA. On campus you can find Haley working as an assistant in the President's Office, or dancing (like nobody's watching!) with Clark University Dance Society. Beyond campus she loves her cat, her cousins, and chocolate. Her favorite color is pink, and she could watch The Mindy Project for days. Haley is looking forward to being a part of the Her Campus Clark team!