This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

As collegiettes, we’re always looking for the best ways to beautify our dorm rooms on a small budget. We’re all guilty of getting sucked into Pinterest for hours and realizing that all of our pins require way too many supplies and will cost a ton of money to make. Luckily, there are some tutorials out there that are simple enough to make and won’t break the bank. Here are 3 DIY projects to try when you have free time or you’re taking a break from homework!

1. Lantern

Everyone wants a stunning lantern light to add pizazz to their room, and The WHOot has some great tutorials to walk you through the process. 

2. Tissue Paper Flower

This adorable DIY project is so easy and adds a touch of elegance to any room. Just follow the simple instructions by Bead&Cord

3. Desk Organizer

Get prepared for spring-cleaning with these great drawer dividers! Thanks to iHeart Organizing, your drawers will be perfectly in order.

So next time you have the urge to spruce up your space, try out some of these ideas and see what you can create! 

Samantha is currently a sophomore at Clark University, double majoring in English and French. In her free time she enjoys figure skating, spending time with family and friends, working out, and writing. She is ecstatic to have the wonderful opportunity to write for Her Campus and cannot wait to see what the future holds for Her Campus at Clark!
Isabelle is a student at Clark University, who has declared as a Cultural Studies and Communications major and a minor in sociology. She is a yoga instructor at Clark, as well as the manager for the Clark Field Hockey team. She has a deep love for sea turtles, the free people Instagram account, and card making. When she isn’t procrastinating school work she can be found on the sidelines of Clark athletics events, or hanging out with friends and family. Isabelle is really excited to be a contributing member of the Her Campus team.