Senior Series: John Hite

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

This week we sat down with senior, and Clark Bars member John Hite!

Name: John Hite

Hometown: Royersford, PA

Major: Geography and Spanish

Favorite Professor at Clark: Mark Davidson (Geography)

Favorite Class at Clark: Social Justice and the City

Favorite Spot to Study on Campus and Why: Kasperson Library on Woodland Street. The third floor has two rooms and one of them is super quiet and sunny; you can sit up there for hours and no one will disturb you.

Favorite Bistro Snack: Tendies, duh.

What has been your favorite thing about going to school at Clark? Being forced to think differently on a daily basis, and then being able to discuss those thoughts with people who genuinely care about wrestling with problems.

What will you miss most about Clark? All the great humans.

What clubs and activities were you involved with on campus? Clark Bars and Ultimate Frisbee for all four years. Big Brothers Big Sisters for three, and I was a member of Grants Committee and Choir for a hot second.

What are your best words of wisdom for underclassmen? Get off campus, do new things even if it might make you a little uncomfortable, and always be ready to make a new friend.

What are your plans post-graduation? I will be in Worcester next year! I have an internship working for the Conservation Law Foundation collecting data about waste management across Massachusetts, and then developing a Zero Waste Project for the city of Lawrence MA. To make money I am going to try and get a job in a restaurant or something equally cliché.

Thanks John! Be sure to check out the Clark Bars at their concert next Friday April 21, 7:30-9:30pm in Razzo Hall!

Isabelle is a student at Clark University, who has declared as a Cultural Studies and Communications major and a minor in sociology. She is a yoga instructor at Clark, as well as the manager for the Clark Field Hockey team. She has a deep love for sea turtles, the free people Instagram account, and card making. When she isn’t procrastinating school work she can be found on the sidelines of Clark athletics events, or hanging out with friends and family. Isabelle is really excited to be a contributing member of the Her Campus team.