clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Series: Ciara Kilian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Our Co-Campus Correspondent and Senior, Ciara Kilian, talks to us today about her advice for underclassmen and favorite parts of Clark.

Name: Ciara Kilian

Hometown: Stamford, Connecticut

Major: Political Science/ Cultural Studies and Communication

Favorite Professor at Clark: Michael Butler

Favorite Class at Clark: Human Rights and International Politics

Favorite Spot to Study on Campus and Why: The tables overlooking Bullock on the second floor of the library

Favorite Bistro Snack: Pizzaritas. Always.

What has been your favorite thing about going to school at Clark? The endless opportunities to pursue your own interests. It’s reassuring when professors not only know who you are, but actively try to help you apply for research opportunities, internships, scholarships, etc.

What will you miss most about Clark? Being constantly surrounded by my friends

What clubs and activities were you involved with on campus? Field hockey, SAAC, Her Campus Clark, NRHH, and SAB

What are your best words of wisdom for underclassmen? Don’t doubt your abilities or second guess yourself. Some of the best decisions I’ve ever made came instinctively. Also, on an unrelated note, if you’re thinking about studying abroad definitely look into it. It was a highlight of my college experience because I learned so much about other cultures and myself while also getting work experience. World perspective is so important and going abroad for a semester is a perfect way to get it!

What are your plans post-graduation? I’ll be sticking around Worcester for one more year doing the Fifth Year Master’s program in Public Administration!

Thanks, Ciara!

Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!
Ciara is a student at Clark studying Political Science as well as Cultural Studies & Communication. She spends her time running around between classes, working at both the Campus Store and Annie's Clark Brunch and trying to figure out what to do with her life after she graduates this May. When Ciara is not juggling her busy schedule, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, binge-watching Netflix (specifically The Office) and reminiscing her semester abroad in Ireland. Her favorite color is green and her guilty pleasure TV shows are The Bachelor and Dance Moms. Ciara is thrilled to be a Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Kelly Rourke! Be sure to follow her daily shenanigans via Twitter and Instagram @ckils23 HCxo