Meet the Team: Julia Nzuki

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

This week we sat down with the newest member of the Her Campus team, Julia Nzuki, to get her take on fall semester and being a part of Her Campus. Read on to find out more about her!

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I’m a first year student here at Clark University. I’m currently Undeclared but I’m leaning towards majoring in International Development and minoring in Education. The fifth year program has also caught my eye, but I have a tendency to plan too far in advance and stress myself out; SO, for now I’m exploring all that Clark has to offer. A fun fact is that I was born & raised in Worcester and have lived here all my life. Originally, I thought attending college in my home city was going to be a bore, but it has been the complete opposite. Through meeting people from all around the world and going to local shops and restaurants that I’ve never noticed before; I’m beginning to see Worcester through a whole new and refreshing realm.

What’s your role on the Her Campus team?

I am a contributing writer. Besides writing, we also work together to bring forth ideas for articles and chapter activities.

What’s your favorite thing about Fall?

Everything! But, if I had to pick, it would be the wardrobe transformation! By the last couple weeks of warm weather, I am fed up with sweating all the time and wearing shorts. It’s time that I’m yearning for some maroon, mustard and browns into my outfits. It is absolute bliss to bring out the scarves, boots, leggings, hoodies,etc. Also, it is now “acceptable” to bring out the dark lip colors. If you couldn’t tell, fall is my favorite!

What are you most looking forward to this Fall semester? Becoming more involved and present on campus. Things like attending more Clark sporting events and fun movie nights.

What’s your favorite thing about Clark right now?

The Traina Center for the Arts.

Quick, This or That!

Vanilla or chocolate?

Vanilla.

Summer or winter?

Summer. I have zero tolerance for temps under 40.

Cats or dogs? Dogs! It’s quite ironic because I used to be terrified of them when I was little and the only pet I have now is a cat.

Iced or hot coffee?

I spent too long thinking about this, I can’t pick! Hot coffee in the morning, iced for throughout the day.

Friends or The Office?

I haven’t watched The Office yet, so I’ll have to say Friends!

Thanks Julia!

Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!